Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 30-06-2019 11:02 AM)
T5iJenn
Student
Options

I've had the Watch Active for 3 days now (previously a Fitbit owner).  I've had sleep tracking on my previous Fitbits, and either the Fitbit or the Watch Active is wildly inaccurate. I was averaging about an hour and a half of deep sleep per night on my Fitbit and my Galaxy Watch Active says zero percent deep sleep.  🤔  Also, for the past two nights, it has two sleep records each night, saying that I was not sleeping (not 'awake', but not even in bed) for about an hour or so.  I was in bed all night so..... the first night I thought it might have to do with DST, but it did it again last night.  Is this what I should expect?

84 REPLIES 84
Boxer17
Apprentice
Options

@i12rok wrote:

I can't even find how to access the sleep tracking, errant or not.  I had a couple of Gear Fit 2s and most of the info is similar even if laid out differently.   I have scanneed  Did I delete something?   I bought the Galaxy Watch Active at the end of April.   What am I missing?   Did they remove it from with new activiations because it was buggy? 

i HAVE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!   It looks correct for sleep last night!  

I'm glad you figured it out!  So there were no gaps in your sleep data?  I even used the good night mode last night and still there was a gap of 2-3 hours where no sleep data was recorded.  

0 Likes
Boxer17
Apprentice
Options
FWIW I did a factory reset on my GWA last night and it tracked sleep perfectly. I'm hoping that it continues to work properly, but based on posts from others who have done a reset it tends to go back to not working properly after a few nights.
0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

I did a Watch Reset and i not only get gaps, I get stops :¬(

A car woke me up at 5am... but i fell asleep till 8am thankfuly

But NO my stupid watch assumes i must have got up, ran around, got on a merry go round, fed the cat, eat sausage sandwich etc etc

Most anoying

Maybe its tunned into my dreams/rem and thinks im actualy awake whgen im not - might explain why i dont get REM sleep recorded either

Anyways i dunno why i bother

Mac :¬)

0 Likes
Boxer17
Apprentice
Options

@Madusmacus wrote:

I did a Watch Reset and i not only get gaps, I get stops :¬(

A car woke me up at 5am... but i fell asleep till 8am thankfuly

But NO my stupid watch assumes i must have got up, ran around, got on a merry go round, fed the cat, eat sausage sandwich etc etc

Most anoying

Maybe its tunned into my dreams/rem and thinks im actualy awake whgen im not - might explain why i dont get REM sleep recorded either

Anyways i dunno why i bother

Mac :¬)

Does it track any better if you turn off the REM tracking and let it track based on motion?

0 Likes
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options
I will try that out over the weekend but REM=HEART and as i almost flatline when i sleep maybe that would be sensible

well flatline=47 BPM wen asleep all the time (i only exagerate 2 million times a day)

still though bit weird to get 2 hour gaps and complete stops when i have not moved location woken up or added any steps
im guessing its a hard thing to track but my old gear fit2 pro seemed to be ok on just movement so ........

Thanks for the suggestion :¬)
0 Likes
csaba6
First Poster
Options

Same here, I bought the watch because my doctor advised to measure my heart rate and sleep to test out my new medications, these are the two feature that are not working of course. Super annoying to see this company doing this.

0 Likes
SnowWight
Student
Options

Hi I have had the Active for a few days and I am having the same issue with the sleep record. Is it any better with the GW?

0 Likes
Johol
First Poster
Options

I recently bought the Galaxy Watch Active (my first Smartwatch!) and while I'm overall rather satisfied, I can safely say that the Sleep tracker is 100% useless *****! Not only does it an erractic job, sometimes logging, sometimes not, but it also drains battery like crazy! I can go to bed with a fully charged watch at about 23:00 only to wake up at 6:00 with a completely drained watch. Checking the stats I find that the last reading was about 5:00, so the sleep tracker gives a battery life of about 6 hours! 

Well, it is still a nice looking watch, but I guess I will not be using it as I planned...

0 Likes
Chrisjmdaniel
First Poster
Options

Nope 

0 Likes
valentinorossii
First Poster
Options

I turn airplane mode and night mode on when I go to bed. Never had any issues, and from 100%, only uses 8% battery.