Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
F4x3D
First Poster
Options

9543 steps in S-health from watch

Use Fit and Healthy app to export to Fitbit app.

That log file registers at 15943, which would be right.

this tells me the watch is recording steps OK but the software is whacked and not displaying correct info

So... This tells me a software fix could resolve issue

0 Likes
F4x3D
First Poster
Options
9543 steps in S-health from watch

Use Fit and Healthy app to export to Fitbit app.

That log file registers at 15943, which would be right.

this tells me the watch is recording steps OK but the software is whacked and not displaying correct info

So... This tells me a software fix could resolve issue
0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Ive decided to not be hung up on the step counter. I really dont thing an exchange would be any different and i bought it as a smart watch not a fitness tracker. The latest software update made no diffrrence but maybe in the future a major update may improve things. In the meantime i will enjoy my Galaxy Smart Watch

0 Likes
DSC
Journeyman
Options

Mine has gone back now but I am also kind of on the same wavelength as Dannyboy. I too bought it as a smartwatch and not to track fitness, but the fitness side of things really draws you in and it becomes a fun aspect of this device. Ideally I'd like everything to work and maybe somewhere down the line Samsung will pull their finger out their ass and accept it's a SW or HW fault and fix it. 

Must say though that the thoughts, testing, suggestions and theories from this community has been absolutely bloody brilliant. So many sensible ideas behind how different people have tested the device and come to different conclusions to try to help us all out. You guys all deserve a pat on the back (and some commission from Samsung!). Good work all of you.

When my replacement arrives I really hope it does work completely but it won't be a deal breaker if it doesn't. 

WillRoberts8
First Poster
Options

Since updating my galaxy watch yesterday, steps seem to be far more accurate. 

My Galaxy Watch is now on software version : XXU1BRH3

This release did mention improvements to Samsung Health app recording. 

When compared to my Fitbit today (yes I did wear both and look a bit mental). They were within 100 steps of each other over 10,000 steps. 

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

It is frustrating. Ive had samsung phones all of my smartphone life. Didnt want to be on the apple profit band wagon. The watch however has made me weary of samsungs customer service and back up. Smart watches are relativly new though compared to phones and maybe i got on too soon. Love my galaxy s8. Only average score for watch so far

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

atm I'm more inclined towards returning it than keeping it I'm afraid. What a shame...

I'll be making my decision during the week. 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Not doing any activity at all, being behind the wheel and with HR always on receiving the following values

DisappointedSmartSelect_20181008-092357_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181008-095231_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181006-090928_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181008-112831_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181008-111243_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181007-093141_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I've seen this too but after tightening the strap I don't tend too see this now. Also try wearing it a little higher up your arm, say a couple of finger widths above your wrist bone. Won't stop all of the heart rate issues we're seeing but might help some of your problems above. 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

I wear it as tight as possible, I compare it with my old Gear s3 which worked smooth in any conditions

20181008_115601.jpg

0 Likes