Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

For the last three days though I only see this behaviour after I have started a workout, for which I am at the moment normally wearing my S3. It hasn't lost heart rate at all during the last three days unless I start a workout.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Same here on 40 minutes, does this every lunchtime for me, today lost track of HR on 6 occasions which scews the HR & calorie burn details up. Im submitting it all via the app to the Samsung members, who knows if anyone reads it though :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Screenshot_20180920-143815_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Almost identical graph to mine. Same behaviour!

0 Likes
Sokiey
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20180920-150048_Samsung Health.jpg

Yeah the heart rate seems to be dropping alot.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

And heres the Fitbit for same walk, I know we shouldnt compare but have to gage it against something. Steady HR & over 130 calories more burnt :winking-face:

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

have to laugh at the "28mins fat burn" though 🙂

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20180920-171210_Samsung Health.jpg

I take it it is meant to measure heart rate every 10 mins???

It only takes 1 measurement between 10.20 and 15.10

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Continuously watched this for the last hour or so and mine definitely hasn't added the initial first 20 steps to my total steps. It only includes the steps after the first 20, or sometimes even 30 steps before it recognises I'm walking. Plain to see where my missing steps are at the end of the day! At work I'm constantly up and down all day so hardly any of those steps are counted.  

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Mine is set to 'always on' and is continuously taking readings and updates as such on the watch. The trends info in the app will not show all those readings as they are expressed in a way to show trends and resting points.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Example. My step count was on 4527 and I just walked 60 steps. The step count on my watch now says 4570 so 43 steps. Missing the first 20 or so. This I can replicate constantly. 

0 Likes