Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

At least they've fixed something (well, sort of).

I need Heart Rate working accurately  If you only they've fixed it I might keep the watch. 

BTW, in Australia, if a product doesn't work as advertised, customer is entitled for a full refund at any time!! 

0 Likes
Innerlurken
First Poster
Options

Thats true in the UK as well, But companys pretend they dont know the law here and try it on, im having to claim for my money via my credit card company as samsung are refusing to take it back.

Question, Has anybody else had it on there watch that sometimes after a factory reset or software update it starts tracking steps correctly for a few days then stops again, both me and my brother work together and used to get the same steps each day after work (about 12k-16k), we now get about 5-8k but my watch when i first got it was close to 12k a day but then suddenly dropped after about a week, my brothers watch on the last 2 updates has after a few days started counting much higher steps, but then each time a week later is back down again, Has anyone else seen this happen?

0 Likes
Andyg1001
First Poster
Options

I have just been on chat with technical support. They suggested the following and it worked:

To turn Location on or off:

1. Press the Menu button.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Connections.
4. Select Location.
5. Select the switch next to Location.

I turned location on and steps are now counting

0 Likes
NastyJ
First Poster
Options

The steps don't count correctly when using a face that shows Samsung health features.

I don't know if anyone posted this before, but have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXwiN-iFNM

I started using a plain face and ever since my steps, heart rate and floors are being measured more ''accurately''.

This is still not the wanted outcome, but at least it's a little improvement.

Hopefully Samsung will come up with a fix soon.

Blade1987
First Poster
Options

I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy Watch.

Has the step issue been resolved?

0 Likes
Marumbas
Student
Options

I don't have problems with steps. I have 42mm version.

0 Likes
Blade1987
First Poster
Options
Thanks! It just that I have reading this thread and there were lots of problems with steps not being counted etc.

It has been a while since the last post so I was wondering whether it remained an issue or has since been resolved?
0 Likes
F4x3D
First Poster
Options

It's much better now

Keep in mind 6000 steps with this watch seems to be 10k steps with my fitbit

Won't track flights of stairs unless I take 10-15 steps before starting ascent

The flights of stairs counting seem to be geared to large high rise flights.  In my house  I climb a flight it doesn't register unless I start with arm low and finish with arm above head.  At work I walk three flights up and it registers 2 flights as its a 3 story building and levels seems shorter. 

Won't tracks stairs if I am carrying something

Probably thinks I am on escalator if my arm isn't moving 

Otherwise  Loving it

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

I've had lots of issues with Heart Rate monitoring. There are 40+ pages on EU and US Samsung forums of people complaining about the issue. It can't be fixed as it's hardware related. No word from Samsung.

Even the new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is having major issues https://hothardware.com/news/galaxy-watch-active-bp-monitoring-fail

I've returned my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G and bought Fitbit Charge 3. Step counting has improved and it shows a lot more steps than before, similar to my Mi Fit 2.

Samsung watches are a failure as fitness devices ! 

0 Likes
kap
Student
Options

Nope, still the same. And it is not about total step count.

As was reported before it is by design that it does not count first 20 steps. So if you are doing a lot of short walks during day none of these less than 20 steps will be counted. But it will count longer walks correctly.

0 Likes