Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

Alright guys, check your watches. 

A new update just launched R800XXU1BRH3.

I can't wait to get out and see if the issue is fixed!

No I have not tried Edomondo.

Mine also has not tracked ''deep sleep'' during the last couple of nights that I have activated continuous HR monitoring.

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

I also like this watch so much and would love to see it working seemlessly...

I'll go for a run later to test the new SW update. 

0 Likes
Chrismakem
First Poster
Options

Just noticed my watch is stuck on 533 steps despite me having a fairly active job. My software was updated a day or two ago to R800XXU1ARH1. So I gather they've released another update? I can't seem to find where to get it from, help please?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Chrismakem wrote:

Just noticed my watch is stuck on 533 steps despite me having a fairly active job. My software was updated a day or two ago to R800XXU1ARH1. So I gather they've released another update? I can't seem to find where to get it from, help please?

Gear App, settings, about watch, update watch software, click "update now".

0 Likes
Chrismakem
First Poster
Options

Thanks mate, i thought it updated automatically but it didn't. Applying update now. 

0 Likes
Chrismakem
First Poster
Options

Updated and now works great so far, my steps are going on properly and the smart screen on/off seems better too. That's all i can say for sure.

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options
Have you by any chance tested the HR sensor in running mode?
0 Likes
Chrismakem
First Poster
Options

Afraid not, just had a brisk walk on the running machine in the gym, and all seemed ok, steps counted properly and my heart rate was going slightly higher  so i assume that was correct

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

I'll be happily surprised if that update works as it's the same one released in America end of August, it didn't work for them, certainly not on steps, HR and stair count I belive..

Awaiting with hope 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I seem to be seeing an improvement with steps but like Gary said I'm not confident because this update didn't solve most users issues. However, I'm at work and up and down to the printer and it seems to be tracking steps better than the previous version. Needs a bit more time to confirm I think though.

0 Likes