Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 08:17 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Rickray
First Poster
Options

Endomondo works quite well with continuous HR monitoring during workout

0 Likes
Kimk
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue as well. The stairs are not accurate either. Have you gotten any response?

0 Likes
Moto104
Student
Options

@Kimk wrote:

I'm having the same issue as well. The stairs are not accurate either. Have you gotten any response?

@Kimk wrote:

@Kimk wrote:

No some people have suggested the latest update works. I have the latest update and my steps seem to be working ok at the moment. I did do a reset.

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Nope, Samsung is not saying anything. Latest update seems to improve it depending on your walking patterns. It misses a big part of my steps at work and at home. Long walks look more or less ok.

@Kimk wrote:

0 Likes
James1986
First Poster
Options

Hello I've just spend £300 today on a Samsung galaxy smart 46mm Bluetooth watch, I mainly bought it for the samsung health to track my steps however the step counter is so bad it doesn't even pick up my steps half the time I've looked online and this seems to be a common problem anything I can do?

0 Likes
betin
First Poster
Options

The best thing you can do is return the watch. Many people here, from all arround the world (Canada, the US, Australia) have been reporting this for months now. I pre-ordered my watch, and have been having this issue since day one. Lots of unecessary furstration at a high price ($350US). I called customer support many times, got my watch shipped for "fixing" twice. When nothing improved I tried to return the watch and they told me I was over the return days limit. I have installed every update they have sent, and things haven't changed. My phone, sitting at my desk while I work, counts more steps than my watch. The only things that I've noticed slightly improves the counting is not having a watch face wiht a step counter (I have the classic, that shows no fitness information at all), still, the count tends to be below my phone's all the time. Again, save yourself the frustration and buy a good fitness tracker instead. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Seriously, send it back before it is too late. 

The last update has improved the step counting a little bit, but it is still far from accurate. 

There is loads of bugs and issues.

Save yourself some time and a lot of frustration.

@James1986 wrote:

Hello I've just spend £300 today on a Samsung galaxy smart 46mm Bluetooth watch, I mainly bought it for the samsung health to track my steps however the step counter is so bad it doesn't even pick up my steps half the time I've looked online and this seems to be a common problem anything I can do?

0 Likes
Dazza2772
First Poster
Options

I've been on the fence for a few weeks now and it seems to be overwhemingly clear that as a sport and fitness tracker this watch is just a long  way from being acceptable. Bugger I really have no idea what to get for xmas now :'(

0 Likes
Rickray
First Poster
Options

After the latest update, I think the steps counting is very much improved. I compared it with my phone, almost the same.

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@Rickray wrote:

After the latest update, I think the steps counting is very much improved. I compared it with my phone, almost the same.

It has improved, before it was a joke, now it is just inaccurate, still misses a lot.

0 Likes