Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-12-2018 09:07 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Dazza2772
First Poster
Options

Hi, thinking about getting this. Fitness is important to me but don't fancy a Garmin. Main question is would you buy it again ? I like the idea of Spotify, texting and calls from my phone - do these all work well or just ok? Thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

"would you buy it again"

Never! 

As a Smart Watch, Samsung is fine. Spotify, payments via Samsung Pay and Phone work really well! 

As fitness tracker, Samsung Watch is a FAILURE and should be avoided at all cost! 

0 Likes
Dazza2772
First Poster
Options

Even after the latest update? Seems some say it is more accurate now but only a few.  Sleep tracking is important but probably needs charging then :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye: I also like to keep track of steps and calories burnt when I start running again in . a few weeks . Hmm such a shame looks nice. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@Dazza2772 wrote:

Even after the latest update? Seems some say it is more accurate now but only a few.  Sleep tracking is important but probably needs charging then :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye: I also like to keep track of steps and calories burnt when I start running again in . a few weeks . Hmm such a shame looks nice. 

Seriously, avoid this watch like the plague, specially if you're after a fitness tracker

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20181208-075651_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181208-075801_Mi Fit.jpg

The fisrt screenshot is Samsung watch sleep tracking and 2nd from Xiaomi Mi Band 2. 

Samsung never, ever matched Xiaomi in sleep, HR or step monitoring. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Mine never tracks deep sleep

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Same here, deep sleep only several minutes per night, best cases. Almost all nights with 0 minutes deep sleep 

0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

just to let you know  that user experience can be very different: my GW tracks steps and HR fine. Almost no difference with my Apple watch, sometime a bit more and sometimes a bit less. After the recent update it only got a bit better. 

(the problem with my watch wasn't solved with the last update. BT connection won't auto-reconnect)

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

You mean continuous HR monitoring without interruptions? During workout aswell?

0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

Yes, continuous heart monitoring during workout. On my GW the 20 steps threshold is gone, I think it's 10 steps now (don't know for sure). This morning, after walking to the bathroom, I saw 12 steps on the stepcounter (which was correct)

0 Likes