Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 01-12-2018 12:43 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Noonie
Student
Options

Well I returned mine and got a new one and still had the same problem.  I called Samsung they connected me to the Samsung health to see if they could reset it I did everything he told me to,  it worked for short period and now it's doing the same thing I do have a two year warranty on it through Best Buy so I'm hoping within that time they have some kind of update otherwise I will return it again and get something different I'm just very disappointed with it, but  overall I like to watch. But what I find funny is when I called they said it's the first time they've heard of it I'm like really I'm surprised since so many people are commenting how bad they are.

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

I've just received the latest update and, guess what? Still the same, they haven't fixed anything.

This watch is going in the drawer for good.

I am not sure why Samsung is not acknowledging the issue, maybe it is just a few of us, but I don't think it is... Just you have had the same issue with two different brand new watches.

I have definitely blacklisted samsung

@Noonie wrote:

Well I returned mine and got a new one and still had the same problem.  I called Samsung they connected me to the Samsung health to see if they could reset it I did everything he told me to,  it worked for short period and now it's doing the same thing I do have a two year warranty on it through Best Buy so I'm hoping within that time they have some kind of update otherwise I will return it again and get something different I'm just very disappointed with it, but  overall I like to watch. But what I find funny is when I called they said it's the first time they've heard of it I'm like really I'm surprised since so many people are commenting how bad they are.

0 Likes
Hobden87
Student
Options

I am having a similar problem in the UK but with floors. Paired my 46mm galaxy watch to a note 9 512gb and not picking up floors.

Everything else is working fine. I've tried all the steps on here, cleaning out cache data, turning off auto track for elliptical and rower.

I randomly decided to check something as it says it the watch must go up 3m to detect 1 floor, houses that have standard stairs in the UK are 2.6m (13 steps, 200mm per step) so the watch is not registering the 3m. I also thought I'd see if it registered by raising my hand in the air at the too of the stairs and lo and behold it has registered every floor I've done while doing this!

Now obviously this is stupid but for a quick fix I can deal with it as long as these muppets actually do something considering nearly everyone in the UK are having this problem. How dumb can you be to have the floor height higher than the actual floors!

If this is not sorted I'm the next week I will return the watch but I will keep raising my arm like a tool at the top of the stairs while mbm y wife laughs at me while walking normally with her apple watch. Shame really as if I didn't love my note 9 I'd be jumping back over to apple

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I have picked up mine from the repair yesterday. I don't have too much hopes it will work as it should. The watch itself was completely rebuild. They replaced the motherboard, the screen was replaced too due to that bezel issue. I have checked the HR yesterday, the watch was 107, both my S9+ and Garmin were close to 60. That was one of the reasons I left the watch for repair. It's useless... I was told again that the sensors keep breaking, one of the main reasons the watches are being repaired. I'm really fed up. I'll be taking it with the bank to try to get my money back. Samsung refused to refund the money as I'm outside the 30 days return policy. My advise is to return the watch while you can, if it ever gets sorted you can always buy it again. That's a very poor service on Samsung's side. I have always valued their products high. Clearly that's not the case any more. The watches should be recalled, IMHO.

P.S. Sleep recording still does not work properly, deep sleep 0 mins. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Should be recalled you say? I keep seeing ads. They won't recall them. They will try to sell as many as possible. 

@Grabiesh wrote:

I have picked up mine from the repair yesterday. I don't have too much hopes it will work as it should. The watch itself was completely rebuild. They replaced the motherboard, the screen was replaced too due to that bezel issue. I have checked the HR yesterday, the watch was 107, both my S9+ and Garmin were close to 60. That was one of the reasons I left the watch for repair. It's useless... I was told again that the sensors keep breaking, one of the main reasons the watches are being repaired. I'm really fed up. I'll be taking it with the bank to try to get my money back. Samsung refused to refund the money as I'm outside the 30 days return policy. My advise is to return the watch while you can, if it ever gets sorted you can always buy it again. That's a very poor service on Samsung's side. I have always valued their products high. Clearly that's not the case any more. The watches should be recalled, IMHO.

P.S. Sleep recording still does not work properly, deep sleep 0 mins. 

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

"what I find funny is when I called they said it's the first time they've heard of it I'm like really I'm surprised since so many people are commenting how bad they are"
It's a lie! I've been to my local Samsung "experience" store in Melbourne, and (after much arguing), Service Manager acknowledged (verbally) that Samsung is aware of the issue. The service report still states "no fault found" which is a JOKE! Are you LISTENING SAMSUNG??!!!
"Samsung refused to refund the money as I'm outside the 30 days return policy"
In Australia, under consumer law if a product does not work as advertised, customer is entitled for a full refund, regardless how old the product is. Samsung watch DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED!!!

Hello SAMSUNG...If you're LISTENING, fix the issue or issue a recall before this turns into a CLASS ACTION!!!

0 Likes
AS111
First Poster
Options

My new Galaxy watch was experiencing all of the previous problems.

Try this (from new so you may or may not have to reset)

Scroll to Activities

Add Walking

Add Cycling

Add Running

Click on Walking (don't start)

For some strange reason my watch started tracking steps. Its now overcounting steps, around 5% compared to my fit2. 

Perhaps a few more people can try this?

If it works, Samsung you owe me big time.

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Not working for me, I haven't reset it though

@AS111 wrote:

My new Galaxy watch was experiencing all of the previous problems.

Try this (from new so you may or may not have to reset)

Scroll to Activities

Add Walking

Add Cycling

Add Running

Click on Walking (don't start)

For some strange reason my watch started tracking steps. Its now overcounting steps, around 5% compared to my fit2. 

Perhaps a few more people can try this?

If it works, Samsung you owe me big time.

0 Likes
Marumbas
Student
Options
Fit2 is not accurate step counting device too.
0 Likes
Mikey78
First Poster
Options

Just had a new update in the UK for watch.

Don't get too excited, as steps are still the same 👎

Haven't had enough time to see if anything else is fixed, but knowing Samsung it's probably broken something that was working fine before! 

0 Likes