Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 24-11-2018 04:20 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Sometimes I think it might be hardware, sometimes I reckon it will be software.

If you go on your watch to the dial pad, dial *#0*# It will take you to the test screen. Scroll down to "Sensor", go down to "gyroscope" and then tap graph. On that graph I can see live how my watch is detecting all my movements, steps (subtle), twists, etc... the gyroscope is detecting the steps, the watch is misinterpreting them.

That's why I reckon it is software related, but it might not be detecting the movements as it should... hell knows...

@Grabiesh wrote:

@GaryBrett wrote:

I didn't take it from repair, I left it with them as I thought it wasn't assembled correctly, thanks for reassuring me on that. If it's hardware or software, I'm not sure. I also thought it was software that was to blame. When I spoke to the person in the center, he said it's not going to be resolved through an update and the only way to resolve it is to replace the motherboard. Unfortunatelly I didn't have a chance to test it. I'm looking into getting my money back. Samsung is not willing to do it, hopefully cc issuer will step in.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

that's a great suggestion and I just tried it and all my sensors are working so that would lead me to conclude it's a software glitch and replacing the motherboard is unlikely to make a difference, of course, we can never be sure. Mine still drops heart rate during workout outs at completely random points with no pattern, and then starts again!

0 Likes
Rickray
First Poster
Options

I tried to use power saving and clock only mode. It turned out it will turn off the gesture as well. Everytime I want to view the time, I need to manually click the power button. This doesn't make sense. 

0 Likes
Noonie
Student
Options

Very disappointed, I have tried fitbit 2 twice and a 3. Went to the Samsung yesterday and already it doesn't count the steps. I have tried everything. I hate yo bring it back because I love the watch. I hope samsung does an update quick...or it's going back. 😞 

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I don't think there will be an update any time soon. I had it the moment they were released. It is a massive disappointment, the watch looks really well but is useless as a fitness tracker. I would give it back while you can. As I had mine longer, I might be stuck with it. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

I wouldn't risk it. If you like it, send it back and wait for the update to come, if ever, and then buy it again... probably cheaper. I am stuck with mine and I don't even know if a future update will fix it.

@Noonie wrote:

Very disappointed, I have tried fitbit 2 twice and a 3. Went to the Samsung yesterday and already it doesn't count the steps. I have tried everything. I hate yo bring it back because I love the watch. I hope samsung does an update quick...or it's going back. 😞 

0 Likes
Mikey78
First Poster
Options

It's a real shame about all the fitness tracking problems, as I think Samsung have really made a great watch, with the style is classy and the rotating bezel being the best feature in my opinion.

I still think the Galaxy Watch is the best smartwatch ive used (previously using an Apple Watch 3), if the fitness tracking was sorted then it would be the perfect smartwatch.

Hurry up Samsung please !!..................

0 Likes
kap
Student
Options

Is there any way to get a real comment from Samsung? I tried to submit error report and got usual "please reboot.." and so on.

0 Likes
glennkim
First Poster
Options

Just got the watch this past weekend during black Friday sales.  Pedometer worked for 2 days and now nothing. 

I've tried rebooting, reseting, turning off the elliptical and row functions, and also tried using faces without counts.  Nothing helps.  

Sadly I'll be returning watch shortly. 

0 Likes
Mikey78
First Poster
Options

That's really annoying, not only do they know about the problem but are still selling them.

Samsung this is taking the ***** now 😡

0 Likes