Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 23-11-2018 02:07 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
rdbn
Apprentice
Options

I just checked the bezel and tapped it. No strange noise for me. It has some distance to be able to rotate, but it does not sound like metal on metal.

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options
No, not at all. I had Samsung have a look at it remotely and was advised to bring it for repair. The step count was wrong all the time, I wrote a post about it last week. While checking that, they realised the HR was wrong too. It was showing sth above 115, when my phone and Garmin where around 60. Thanks for confirming the bezel thing, they were telling me that's normal. I started to doubt myself...
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Mine does that sound and was never repaired (it was once replaced with a new one)

Wearing it higher on the arm, the hr seems to be better although I still find sometime being at 120bpm doing nothing and trying to measure

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options
It makes me wonder if remplacements were ever new or just refurbished from previous returns.
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Replacement at the shop with a new product. New order after I returned mine
0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Did you get to check the steps after the repair? I don't think changing the mother board or the sensors is doing anything for what I've read somewhere else.

@Grabiesh wrote:
No, not at all. I had Samsung have a look at it remotely and was advised to bring it for repair. The step count was wrong all the time, I wrote a post about it last week. While checking that, they realised the HR was wrong too. It was showing sth above 115, when my phone and Garmin where around 60. Thanks for confirming the bezel thing, they were telling me that's normal. I started to doubt myself...

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- 

Cheers for the update, a couple of points if I may.

1. Ive had 2 watches, niether have had the clicking sound you now have so appears your instinct is right
  2. Regarding them suggesting its hardware and not software, I have to disagree. When using UnderArmour Record on the Watch it tracks steps, calories & HR prefectly throughout workouts, every time. If the sensors were damaged it would affect all tracking apps I assume? Additionally, the HR display on my watchface still shows correct HR during a workout when S Health loses it... I still think its Samsung Health thats the issue here.
  3. Now you have it back does it track HR and steps OK then, I think you may be the first, well certainly the first I have heard from where the support center have resolved it. Be good to know if they did?

What a nightmare

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Have you realised the mods have disappeared from this conversation?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Have you realised the mods have disappeared from this conversation?

I honestly dont blame them, impossible to defend the indefensible. Think the problems on the GW are way above their support level, thats not being disrespectful to any of them but these are designer/developer level issues I fear..

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

I didn't take it from repair, I left it with them as I thought it wasn't assembled correctly, thanks for reassuring me on that. If it's hardware or software, I'm not sure. I also thought it was software that was to blame. When I spoke to the person in the center, he said it's not going to be resolved through an update and the only way to resolve it is to replace the motherboard. Unfortunatelly I didn't have a chance to test it. I'm looking into getting my money back. Samsung is not willing to do it, hopefully cc issuer will step in.

0 Likes