Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 10-10-2018 07:54 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@Johnerz wrote:

@GaryBrett @lisafox16

Hi 

Below is my screenshot, this was before the software update. I can honestly say the watch that was sent back to me has been working perfectly. It records all steps. The only issue I had was user error. It didn't track my speed on the ride. It was user error, I didn't switch the location on.

Anyone considering exchanging the watch, it was honestly the best thing I did. I was becoming quite frustrated now I have what I paid for and am quite happy with it😊

Screenshot_20181008-144140_Samsung Health.jpg

So my watch that shows this have bad hardware? So there is no need to wait for the update?IMG_20181007_171450.jpg

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

My issue was never heart rate monitor. Since update and taking advise regards wearing watch further from wrist it has improved the HR monitor.

However my issue is steps and this has not improved. Turned off all exercixe except walking but still lagging 2000 steps behind my watch.

Is this software or hardware?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Either way great news.

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

My issue with the watch I pre-ordered was the steps. It recorded some steps but wasn't accurate then it stopped recording them altogether. 

The replacement has recorded steps accurately. The worst issue regarding steps is that sometimes the is a slight delay then the figure catches up. However, when it catches up the figure is accurate. I have tested it several times. 

The battery life is also excellent, I'm getting 3-4 days of use. 

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

@GaryBrett have they told you there will be stock in the next few days or just your replacement?

I'm tinking I'll start the process of returning mine tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

Hi @GaryBrett

Yes, it seems like it's a hardware issue. My replacement has been fine. It was a bit of hassle to get it but it was worth it. 

I hope your replacement works and gives you the funtionality you need, aside from the low number of apps (which i can live with) it's an excellent watch.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

From a selfish point of view I hope it isn't hardware!! I've banked on a software update resolving my occasional (yes, not all the time anymore) heart rate drop outs and no deep sleep tracking. I know the sleep tracking is software because it's recording my heart rate all night but I guess the algorithm needs to be tweaked to display the sleep stages correctly. Steps seems to be not too bad now, or I've got used to it! Also I've been wearing my S3 whilst working out and that lost heart rate occasionally too. Placement of the GW on the arm seems more important with this watch too. I'm out of my 28 days now and when I rang today to ask whether they would exchange rather than repair should it be hardware it took 40 minutes before I spoke to someone who eventually said yes, but only if I accepted a refund or replacement today, even though they're still showing none in stock. Guess I could be lucky and speak to someone in a couple of weeks if it does turn out to be hardware. Even then though I don't think Samsung will ever confirm either way. 

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options
Lisa, is that the 46mm yours too?
Strangely, most problems seem to be around the 46 version while that is the one also which is out of stock....
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yes I have the 46mm. 

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@g_t_j wrote:
Lisa, is that the 46mm yours too?
Strangely, most problems seem to be around the 46 version while that is the one also which is out of stock....

I hope this isn't because they recalled the 46mm!!

0 Likes