Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 10-10-2018 06:17 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yes agree there are issues at the moment which hopefully will get sorted with an update. I have a Gear Sport and S3 and have compared all three together with the GW falling short on everything,  heart rate tracking, steps and sleep data. 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I can see on your photo however that you're wearing the watch very near to your hand. I used to test Garmin fitness products and their advice was to always wear it higher up your arm away from your wrist bone, 2 finger widths higher up your arm from your wrist bone. 

JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

@F4x3D wrote:
9543 steps in S-health from watch

Use Fit and Healthy app to export to Fitbit app.

That log file registers at 15943, which would be right.

this tells me the watch is recording steps OK but the software is whacked and not displaying correct info

So... This tells me a software fix could resolve issue

Not sure how you are getting 40% under-counting. I am only ever 5-10% out. 

It really is odd everyone is getting different experiences.

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

I believe I'll return the watch as I am disappointedSmartSelect_20181008-133456_Samsung Health.jpg

Could this be a software error??

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@lisafox16 wrote:

I can see on your photo however that you're wearing the watch very near to your hand. I used to test Garmin fitness products and their advice was to always wear it higher up your arm away from your wrist bone, 2 finger widths higher up your arm from your wrist bone. 

My previous watch, a Gear S3 worked perfectly while I was wearing it in the same position.

I've moved it to see but it's not very comfortable like wearing as in picture.

Could this be a software error which can be fixed with an update or is a hardware issue? 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV wrote:

@lisafox16 wrote:

My previous watch, a Gear S3 worked perfectly while I was wearing it in the same position.

I've moved it to see but it's not very comfortable like wearing as in picture.

Could this be a software error which can be fixed with an update or is a hardware issue? 

I'm hoping it is software otherwise I'd have returned mine within the 28 days! It's just a shame nothing official has been announced by Samsung. 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@lisafox16 wrote:

Wearing as suggested indeed continuous reading during driving although it's a bit uncomfortable but I'll get used to it

However there are some high spikes recorded wrong as attached.SmartSelect_20181008-161958_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20181008-162019_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yes you will still have issues, I do too, but hopefully not as many. I'm hoping that an update will come out shortly to rectify all these issues. 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Works better now wearing it above the wrist, higher on hand. However I've noticed that the battery is worst now when reading continuously, when I was wearing it like in my previous picture, in fact the way I was wearing the old Gear S3 as well, the battery was better probably because there were hours when the HR wasn't measured

Anyway looking for the update 

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

@GaryBrett @lisafox16

Hi 

Below is my screenshot, this was before the software update. I can honestly say the watch that was sent back to me has been working perfectly. It records all steps. The only issue I had was user error. It didn't track my speed on the ride. It was user error, I didn't switch the location on.

Anyone considering exchanging the watch, it was honestly the best thing I did. I was becoming quite frustrated now I have what I paid for and am quite happy with it😊

Screenshot_20181008-144140_Samsung Health.jpg