Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 05-10-2018 12:13 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I think if people are hoping that by standing up and walking 2 steps it will be recorded live on the watch as + 2 steps I think they will be disappointed. I don't see this update changing that nor see Samsung changing it going forward.

Hopefully, though, some with extreme issues like something not counting or tracking at all will benefit from the watch software being reinstalled on the watch regardless of what updates are included.

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

No I certainly don't want that anyway. A colleague has a Fitbit and she only has to waive her arm and a bunch of steps get recorded. I want it working the same as my Gear Sport and S3, no issues with either with steps count on those two!

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Early days. Seems more responsive even around the house. However just done school run pushing the pushchair and only logged 50 steps where as it would be a lot more in real terms ie 500 to 1000. 

May be samsung are releasing little updates to tweak until people are happy as dont want to be over respinsive?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

The Samsung units have never been very good at pushing shopping trolleys, pushchairs etc.

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

I have one 46mm and  one 42mm, both are LTE version (Sweden) and I have the same problem as described in the thread. Heart rate seems fine as long I don't move. Even under a walk outside for 20 minutes leave gaps in the heart rate.

Really annoying 😞

I Talked with Samsung here in Sweden and they have never heard about this before and told me to send them to a Samsung service. (it won't happen) 

I have 20 days left before I have to return them if I don't want them but I like the watch but I don't want them with this problem.

Can it be software problem on those?

0 Likes
AugustoTomas
First Poster
Options

Yes i buy one the last sunday and have the same problem. And it is very slow ... the altitude Also have problems.

Tomorrow i will return it to tge store and get my money back.

Why samsung sell a watch for 300 euros and it does not work properly?

I haver a galaxy note 8 . And now samsung Lynch the note 9. Bit the grafites in noite 9 must be in note 8.

I m not happy with that. That is all i can say about it.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

just installing the update now and will see if things improve

AndreiV
Navigator
Options

I've received this update 2 weeks ago and nothing improved

g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

I ran on the treadmill yesterday and HR monitoring was consistent in most part of my run.

I can definitely see an improvement but I've yet to test it in an outdoor run with the GPS on. 

0 Likes