Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 04-10-2018 10:53 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I don't think motionless equates to deep sleep. Deep sleep is probably measured by changes in HR within the various sleep cycles. 

Just guessing, for some, the thresholds may be set too high/low to trigger a difference between moderate or deep.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

@g_t_j wrote:
Well, I have some interesting findings:

This afternoon I did a bit of cycling (both outdoors and on an indoor exercise bike) as well as 15 minutes of rowing machine.
In all occasions HR monitoring was consistent throughout the exercise.
However, when I tried to run on a treadmill the known issue returned...

This leads me to believe there is a conflict between the pedometer and the HR sensor when both sensors get activated at the same time for ''running'' mode.

I also ruled out the possibility of ''the sweaty arm''' as in all cases above I got sweaty.

All in all, I'm more inclined than ever towards the theory that there is a software issue and not a hardware defect.

Have you tried the Under Amour Endomondo app to see if both hr/gps/running all work hand in hand? I haven't tried running but I tracked other activity without issue.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@JK2017 wrote:

I don't think motionless equates to deep sleep. Deep sleep is probably measured by changes in HR within the various sleep cycles. 

Just guessing, for some, the thresholds may be set too high/low to trigger a difference between moderate or deep.

Yes you're correct. On the S3 during sleep the watch is only measuring movement hence only three stages, restless, light and motionless. The GW uses HRV to properly track sleep that's why we get four stages but I get no deep. 

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

Samsung received my retuned watch last Thursday, refund back in my bank account today, 7 days in total including the weekend. Maybe the refund process could take a little longer if Samsung are deluged with lots of returns at the end of this week.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

My watch is doing the update i read about to improve the health experience and stability. Not holding much hope though regards step counter but we'll see

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Dannyboy236 wrote:

My watch is doing the update i read about to improve the health experience and stability. Not holding much hope though regards step counter but we'll see

Mine too! We can only hope.........!

0 Likes
DSC
Journeyman
Options

Keep us posted! Mine hasn't received the update yet...

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Can you both do me a favour as mine is back with Samsung.

Once update is complete, could you go on a 10 mile run and then report back on HR & Steps :smiling-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Can you both do me a favour as mine is back with Samsung.

Once update is complete, could you go on a 10 mile run and then report back on HR & Steps :smiling-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

How about a 20 mile run!! That any good.......?

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@DSC wrote:

Keep us posted! Mine hasn't received the update yet...

I didn't receive it automatically but you can check for updates in the settings on the Gear App. It should then tell you there is an update. Give that a try.

0 Likes