Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 01-10-2018 09:23 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options
Can someone that has replaced their watch post up what software version they have?
I have 46mm pre ordered with version R800XXU1ARH1
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Yes I'd be keen to find out a little more of your experience as I'm deciding what to do now too. 

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

Hi, @GaryBrett

Yes I'm in the UK. 

I didn't check the software version on the one I sent back but this on is running Tizen 4, software version R800XXU1ARH1, Knox version 2.3.0

Attached are some screenshots of my heart rate being measured.

20181001_215114.jpg

20181001_215112.jpg

20181001_215125.jpg

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Gary, your first heart rate graph is exactly how my hourly graph has been all day. Lots of gaps and spikes. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I am going to turn off email notifications on this thread (as I think I am pretty much 'there' with the watch) but thought I would post my final thoughts here first. 

The only potential issue (apart from annoying Spotify app design) I had from day one was I wasn't sure if the battery was performing as intended. I called Samsung, explained I wasn't sure and they replaced the watch within 5 days (including weekend).  So I can't really fault Samsung (apart from duo charger still hasn't arrived but I am sure it will). Can't tell yet if the battery is better but I will keep the watch either way. 

For me, there isn't another watch which is 5 ATM, has offline music, can receive notifications and answer calls etc with the added bonus of fitness tracking in the £250-£270 price range (which also looks good).

Note I added fitness tracking last. It really isn't a primary focus for me. As long as steps are within 5-10% that is more than enough for me (that level of discrepancy is probably on 20-30kcal at the end of the day imo).  If I walk for 15 steps, stop; it doesn't show in the step total but will be added to the total when I walk again (within that 5-10% variance). Tracking the number of floors isn't again a thing I need to do but clearly, the Galaxy watch as shown in previous Youtube video falls short here. HRM seems to work for me. Has it stopped occasionally, yes? But I have had full nights sleep of full tracking. Same during walking.  But that said, I am not sure why I need HRM on all the time. It doesn't really provide me with anything info I need. 

As this is my first venture into smartwatches I was always unsure how I would use such a watch. I bought it knowing in a year's time I could sell it on eBay and change to something else once I did know. 

I noticed Google aren't bringing out their anticipated watch this year (if ever). There are some great new sports-centric watches coming out like the Sunnto 9 but it is big and about 50% more expensive as the Galaxy watch. So unless you like Apple products I don't see a better watch in its price range for me. 

I understand why fitness tracker users moving from specific fitness tracking devices may be unhappy but I think the watch is smartwatch with fitness tracking rather than a fitness tracking with smartwatch capabilities. 

Just my $0.02, your experiences and opinions could well be different.

beetlebug123
First Poster
Options
My steps & floors climbed have been showing zero for the last two day, spoke to Samsung today & they are sending me a new watch, obviously there must be a fault, worth a phone call/chat
0 Likes
MrsD
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my 42 in rose. Doesn't register steps and in comparing with phone which is t always on my person the phone has more than the watch! 

Shambles

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

@lisafox16 wrote:

@GaryBrett wrote:

Gary, your first heart rate graph is exactly how my hourly graph has been all day. Lots of gaps and spikes. 

Hi @GaryBrett

I havent done any real exercise wearing the watch yet. Now I know it works ok inI going to get to the gym tomorrow and see how it goes.

Below are screenshots of the automatic S'Health heart measuring reads. 

Screenshot_20181002-222517_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181002-222452_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes