Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 25-09-2018 05:23 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Dobba
Explorer
Options

I received mine on Friday. I received an email the day before with tracking number etc.

klythawk
Explorer
Options

Retuned my Galaxy Watch today for a full refund. I decided to buy a new Gear Sport and have compared it to the Galaxy Watch 42mm over the the last 2 days using identical settings. The Gear Sport came pre loaded with Tizen 3.0.0.1 and records steps around the house just like my GearFit2 which i've always found very good. In simple terms miles better than the Galaxy Watch. On a 3 mile walk the step counts on both watches was very similar, the Gear Sport recording a 1% higher total. Battery usage over the 2 days almost identical as well. I've no intention of upgrading to Tizen 3.0.0.2 and i'm delighted with the Gear Sport's step tracking. I also prefer the slightly thicker wrist band that comes with the Gear Sport, makes the Galaxy watch band feel a little thin. Will be interesting to see if Samsung solve the problem of not counting steps with Galaxy Watch's, for me, i'm very happy with an older model which works as it should. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

What about HR and calories burnt on the Gear Sport, can you let us know if they are also more accurate? Are you using Health V6 to track still?

Thanks 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Both watches use 20mm bands so you could wear the same Gear Sport band on the Galaxy (if I am not mistaken)?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@JK2017 wrote:

Both watches use 20mm bands so you could wear the same Gear Sport band on the Galaxy (if I am not mistaken)?

No the GW 46mm takes 22mm watch straps. 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Ah. Just seen the poster had the 42mm GW so yes you're correct the 20mm straps will fit both. 

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

@ GaryBrett.

Sorry, i can't help you much, i've never bothered checking the calories burned and my heart rate reading is very low at the best of times due to eptopic beats not being recorded. As of today the step count is 15817, which includes 2 walks of just over 3 miles and pottering arond the house. Calories burned total is 1839, i wouldn't know whether that is good or bad. BTW, i'm 72 and not into keeping fit in a big way, i just like to do a minimum of walking 3 miles every day.

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

klythawk - 

Good for you, that's a great step count a calorie burn compared to mine, I've done 5 miles with 8000 steps and 1350 calories.. Quite a difference.

Thanks for feedback, interesting to know Tizen 3 works ok with Health V6

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

@GaryBrett

Thanks Gary. Unfortunately i'm still using SHealth ver 5.14. Read lots of bad comments regarding v6 so i haven't up dated yet.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- I must be one of the few that like V6 layout, not entirely convinced its playing nicely with Tizen 4 though which could be the cause of all the problems. UA works great with Tizen, time will tell I suppose.

Cheers