Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 22-09-2018 08:46 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
PJA1
Journeyman
Options

I've had no problem since I turned off the auto start for the Elliptical and Rowing off. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

To be fair a quick Google of any smart watch reveals loads of complaints, you want to see Fitbits forums for unhappy people :face-with-rolling-eyes:

You rarely see happy customers on forums or social media, just those looking for a place to vent some frustration.

Doubt id be here if my Galaxy was telling me I'm an elite athlete

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

Just been reading some comments in Android Central forum from 2016 concerning the Gear S2 not counting 10 steps or less. Maybe we have to accept the fact that the Galaxy watch will not count small amounts of steps around the house. On my daily 3 mile walk the step total, approx 6000, is very, very close to the step total on my phone app MapMyWalk. Having said that, my GearFit 2 does a very good job of counting all my steps around the house. 

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s2/630150-step-counter-way-off.html

0 Likes
Mikecreek
Apprentice
Options

Having received my watch on 7th Sept, i too have noticed the lag in my watch recording steps. I have tried all the suggestions mentioned on here but still the lag persists. I share everybody's feelings with regard to Samsung not accepting this and/or rectifying the problem. I have however noticed the following. After a period of inactivity and my watch not recording steps whilst walking around the house for example,  I pulled down the watch screen to reveal the quick settings screen to reveal also a green icon saying ‘inactive’. If you select this you get options to become active and do a short exercise. I did this and immediately my watch started recording steps again. Perhaps this is a way of Samsung trying to get us all more active? Let me know if it works for others. I think therefore this must be software and not hardware issue.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

We live in hope Gary. Come on Samsung read these posts??!!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Interesting.....

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

As long as it catches up that is fine for me. I think given it is a device on your arm I guess they have to make sure you are taking steps and not just waving your arm about. Maybe waiting 10-20 before measuring continuously allows it to be more consistent.

Have to say though my biggest concern is still battery. Despite same set up every day, I get very different battery drain from day to day. Some days it is amazing and some like today drains 7% in 2hrs on very light use. No where near 3-4 days advertised for 42mm.  

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes