Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 20-09-2018 10:19 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
creepyg
Explorer
Options

The US forums have examples of people returning watches and finding the same issue with their new ones.

Samsung have made an utter pigs-ear of the launch of this watch.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

My local Argos have them in right now for collection in 5 minutes or delivery 2 days, cant see why yours wouldn't too?

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung have said they have a replacement ready for me but are just waiting for my faulty one to arrive back. Once this arrives I will test it out and see if there is any difference. I'm a bit sceptical that this will be any better as surely they're all from the same batch and everyone seems to have the same problem. Holding my hopes upon a software update 🤞

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Good luck Kev55 I'll be watching to see how it goes.

Interesting they have a watch ready for you when they are out of stock though, does this affect your free duo charger (if you pre-ordered in UK)

Cheers
0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options

I hope not, no sign of the Duo charger yet. It'll be interesting to see if it shows up by the end of the month !

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I'm holding onto mine for the time being, and........ fingers crossed mine seems a little better since I turned off the auto workout option for everything bar walking and other. Although, I am actually using my S3 for working out at the moment so haven't tested anything where the heart rate  may drop out with exercising. Still optimistic its software........

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Kev55 wrote:

I hope not, no sign of the Duo charger yet. It'll be interesting to see if it shows up by the end of the month !

That's why I'm not letting mine go. The only reason I pre ordered was for the charger! When we get it!!

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

I contacted support about the step count on my  s health app on the phone. I have "all steps" selected so it reads my phone and galaxy watch at the same time For step count because of the step count issue on the watch at the min. The watch will only show what's read on the watch so asked how to get it to sync with the phone and show both. Supports reply is I should turn it to watch only as it will double my steps with both being selected. They clearly do t know what they're talking about. 

First time samsung watch buyer and starting to think this was clearly a bad choice especially at a cost of £600

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Dobba £600, did you buy 2 watches?
0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options
Yes 46mm silver and 42mm rose gold both with same issues
0 Likes