Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 18-09-2018 09:52 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

And theres the problem. Not counting steps around the house. A step counter should count steps regardless of how many or where you are!

0 Likes
Bghatter
Explorer
Options

I agree with general sentiment on here,. Today phone counted nearly 8000 steps, watch 4000. Despite wearing watch all day and putting phone down and picking it up as per normal use.

0 Likes
calou14
Navigator
Options

Hi

I'm from France and I have the same problem... it's not working... too bad.

Have a nice day.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had a replacement watch? If so has the issue of step counter better?

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Has anybody had a replacement watch? If so is the step counter working properly?

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options

Exactly the same issue with my Galaxy Watch 46mm, love it but it's not counting steps. Samsung have been great though and are processing a replacement, let's hope the next one works as it should. I do think it will be an update that will fix it ...

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

Im still waiting for my replacement. I have just had a distrubing chat. My watch was collected Friday , I was told my replacement would be here within 3 days of collection. I havent heard anything re my replacement. The lady i spoke to said she needed to check they received it and organise the replacement.

I’m starting to get a bit frustrated with this situation, I am -£300, with no watch to show for it and no confirmation of when it wil be replaced.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

I thought they would have dropped one off and collected yours so your not out  of pocket.

There is no stock to buy one anywhere which is worrying

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

Thats what i was expecting. I have now just recieved an email stating that they will exchange my wifes S8 LED cover! 

I brought that march and it works fine. For me this situation is turning into a farce.

Im expecting a call back tomorrow, if they don’t confirm a date for the replacement within 2 days i want my money back and I’ll get something else.

One positive is that the lady I spoke to said that the issue has been recognised but they haven't been given an update in when or how it would be fixed.

The chap i spoke to last Thursday said that it wasn’t recognised as an issue only a small number of people have encountered the issue.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Samsung U.S have announced its an issue and a software update is happening soon if not already.

Why cant samsung uk do the same?

0 Likes