Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 04:22 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Rickpub
Student
Options
Nope, don't see any rhyme or reason on it stopping.
0 Likes
Rickpub
Student
Options
I am close to sea level by the beach. Why does my watch say I am at -48feet. Good thing this watch is waterproof.
0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

After turning all activities apart from running / walking it seems to be counting much better. Maybe Samsung are trying to many auto features.

0 Likes
Jay1
Student
Options

Hello

Ihave exactly the same problems as you

Justin

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Even after switching all the exercises except walking/running the counter still leaves steps out. It never counting me going from upstairs to downstairs and back again.

Useful feature so far and samsung are giving no answers

Rickpub
Student
Options
Same here. Since so many of us are experiencing this we can only hope it is a problem fixable by software and is not a hardware problem. I fully expect that Samsung will never tell us anything.
0 Likes
Teodoro-Andrade
Apprentice
Options

The customer service from Samsung is absolutely shocking. I called them yesterday and they refused to acknowledge any problems. I told them that the community board was awash with people complaining of the same issues that I was experiencing, but he didn’t seem bothered. I ask to speak to a supervisor, as he was most unhelpful, was put on hold for 10mins and then the line went dead!

So today I took to twitter to shame them into doing something and they are finally engaging with me. I have no answers as yet but at least they’re acknowledging my problems. I would recommend everyone to do the same. There’s nothing like a public shaming to get some action.

0 Likes
Jay1
Student
Options

I tweeted them today too. I guess software development is done in Korea so Samsung UK are in the dark just like their customers! 

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Posted on twitter. Ive noticed it very rarley counts in the house so turned wi-fi off to see if thats blocking it.

All this testing from us. What do samsung R&D team actually do?

0 Likes
Gieter
Apprentice
Options

Got an update for the Watch 2 days ago and got the Gear app update a few minutes ago. Seems to count steps under 20...?! 

Anyone with experience since the update(s)?

I spook to Samsung a few days ago. Told me that they don't count under 20 steps. Maybe they had second thoughts? 

I'm a Samsung user from the Netherlands.

0 Likes