Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 03:33 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
larryloebig
First Poster
Options

I did waste a lot of time Trying all the Samsung recommended fixes and it still does not work counting steps, stairs and heart rate. Calories are also not correct.  A call to samsung support says they don't know anything about it - maybe it is a faulty board or  possibly a software issue.  They told me If I am not happy and I am within the 14 day return period I can return it.  What a way to run a business.  I am glad I have an accident and repair warranty...looks like it is needed.  BTW folks on the forum report they have returned the watchs and the replacements do the same thing.

JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Gary

Odd question maybe but what does your S Health app dashboard look like on your phone. I swear mine App has updated in the last 24hours. Options that were there to add things to the dashboard are different now and relates more to the Galaxy watch specifically. 

I have also been able to get far more battery our of my watch since two days ago. I have changed a few things here and there.

Although I still have steps working and it does auto-detect walking as an exercise (i.e not walking about in your living room), I see what you mean about not being able to set your required kcals target. I may play with that a little more later.

I may do a new post (tomorrow when I get time) as things overall have improved for me dramatically from a few days ago and list my set-up to see if people can replicate.

Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

My watch isnt counting much either.

Walked to the school today and registeted onky 74 steps but when i got home was still only on 74 steps.

£300 spent on a watch was a lot of money for me and there are too many bugs ie step counter, HR / stress monitor all intermitant and the barometer stopped showing the graph and the trend arrow has never moved despite increase in pressure.

Im a really disapointed and am considering getting a refund

0 Likes
Rickpub
Student
Options
Same thing here. Next time I will wait before buying a Samsung product. I have used Samsung products long enough that I should have known to wait until the problems present themselves. Lord knows Samsung will do little to nothing to address the issues other than running you through some level 1 support technicians who know nothing other than what is on the screen in front of them. Already thinking of looking for alternatives to their phones. Too bad, the watch is beautiful and when it works it's great. Just walked at least 4k steps and it recorded 693. Ended up turning off all active workout detection other than walking/running. It started counting again after doing this and a restart. Will see if it continues for more than a couple of days.
0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Ive tried that too. Ive changed watch face to a weather one as so sick of step counter!

I love the watch and will wait to see if future updates improve it as love getting messages on phone as normally miss them on my phone in my pocket.

Ive had issues with the barometer too.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Trying to gather information for a post I may do tomorrow....

When you walked 4k did you turn on 'Walking' as an exercise? Or were you expecting auto-track to kick in?

If you have the Samsung widget with steps/kcal/bmp/bpm on whilst walking open whilst walking around normally can you see when it stops and starts or any relation to what you are doing as to when it tracks/doesn't track?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

How will we see this new post. New to the community but so frustrated with this watch. Its not like its samsungs first attempt. I know someone with a Frontier and his step counter works brill so why on such a new watch has it gone back not forward. And i hate the new health app version.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Dannyboy236 if the Frontier works well, that could be a positive sign for the Galaxy watch. Perhaps its just a software update away, the problem is when will it happen. We are paying the price for buying brand new product I suppsoe
0 Likes
Rickpub
Student
Options
Barometer usually says I'm 48 feet under water. Floor count occasionally records a floor ever few days.
0 Likes