Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 12-09-2018 04:13 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
J8cko
Explorer
Options

@Lee1976 wrote:

Any idea how to fix this mine not counting steps and one reason I wanted it. 

Does the watch count any steps, if not try turning off all auto workout detection and the in active time alerts in the s health app settings on watch.

If that dosent work try factory reset and then turn off the same things. 

My watch only seems to not count steps if I only move a short distance but seems to be fine if I walk more than 20 to 30 steps.

I do think for me it's a software issue but if the watch is counting no steps you may have a faulty one

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Return it and do what though? I thought there was no stock in UK until late September? Surely they couldn't have sold 100s/1000s of devices with faulty sensors could they?
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

I contacted Samsung support. I did a factory reset again, it didn't work. I have been told to contact the sales team to arrange returning the watch.

0 Likes
Gieter
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20180910-201505_Chrome.jpg

JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Not sure if this helps but I find when I wake up the watch and start moving the step counter doesn't move for the first 20 or so steps but they are included when the counter does start to move again. 

0 Likes
Dan391
First Poster
Options

In the same boat, I walked my dog last night and it did not record 1 step. And is temperamental. So annoying. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Can you post a link to this please?

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Same issue, really annoyed. Sent it back, wouldn't wake up with gesture, wouldn't record heart rate, didn't auto detect workouts and generally a real disappointment. Hope the replacement works! Come on Samsung we expect better!

Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I received my watch last Friday. I experience exactly the same issue. I have both phone and Garmin to check against. The watch is off by at least couple of thousands! The wake-up gesture seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Very disappointed. I'm thinking of sending it back as there is no reply from Samsung yet. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

If it help at all, I managed to get steps somewhere near my Fitbit on walks at least by enabling continous HR and disabling auto detect on workouts.

On a 3 mile walk it was 350 steps lower than Fitbit.. However over 24 hours it is 3000 lower still.

I think Fitbit count every single movement which is good for the mind, whereas Samsung seem to be making you work for it more, good for the body :smiling-face:

That said it could be improved, calorie count is absolutely shocking

0 Likes