Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 05-04-2019 12:26 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Marumbas
Student
Options

I don't have such a problem with this watch.

Hey guys move to Europe, here is everything working fine :smiling-face:

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

You probably play chess whilst measuring HR 😉

It's been proven that HR monitoring is defective beyond reasonable doubt. Samsung will never fix it as it's a hardware fault. Move on and get something that actually works as advertised!

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@Marumbas wrote:

I don't have such a problem with this watch.

Hey guys move to Europe, here is everything working fine :smiling-face:

No it doesn't

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

Don't bother with it. It will never work  

Get a Fitbit or a Garmin-dash-cam-55 device. They workers really well  

0 Likes
leetommo
First Poster
Options

Well I got my watch back after it had been sent off for repair. Came back with 'no fault found, software upgraded'. Errrr wait a minute, where was the software update then? Anyway the watch seems to be working fine at the moment. So I shall see how long it lasts. The one thing that has done my head in though is that they said Samsung reserves the right to assess a product for repair 3 times before a refund. So with my watch being away 3 weeks this time I'm really looking forward the the next two times I have to take it in. This and the recurrent 'water detected issue on my Samsung phone is really putting me off these products. About time Samsung sorted these issues out.

0 Likes
gb10
First Poster
Options

After 7 months of this bullsh!t and staring at my Watch on my desk everyday, I decided to bang it a few times. Face up , holding both straps together, I tapped progressively harder on my mouse pad. On the 3rd tap, the screen came on. Suddenly it's working. The problems I had were: wake gesture, steps and heart rate monitor all stopped working simultaneously.

It's been 2 days and working flawlessly. I cant say that it was a knock that caused the problems in the first place, but suspect something was loose in there and got knocked into place. I'm so happy I could sh!t

Good luck.

P.S. Stop holding your breathe that Samsung will release a patch, they know they put it together poorly and it's hit and miss on weather you have an issue....

0 Likes
Patsalisdimi
Student
Options
I have the same problem, what can I do?
0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options
Try to get you money back
0 Likes
Patsalisdimi