Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 42mm LTE - must cool again and again since LTE activation

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 12:39 PM)
nwuebben
First Poster
Options

Dear community,
after getting my watch back from the repair center I really hoped that the constantly cooling stopped. The first days wearing it, there was no problem. But after activating the LTE , it must cool again and again. At least once a day. Even while just wearing it. After three or four times cooling of course the power is almost gone and I need to charge it.
Does anyone of you have the same problem? Is it really designed to work even when LTE is activated?

Btw I use it almost ootb. I only loaded a new watch face and removed a few of the apps (e.g. flow) that I don't need to save power.
Please tell me that I didn't waste that much money for a watch that is not able to be used independet from the phone...

3 REPLIES 3
PonyBristol
Explorer
Options

HI all,

I've had the 46mm version for a week and get exactly the same issue.  this happens while not using the watch and having disabled 4g, WIFI, and Location.  Just Bluetooth is on.  Seems like a fundamental flaw to me  judging by the amount of angst recorded online...they cant all be "faulty" units surely?

PonyBristol
Explorer
Options

test

0 Likes
PonyBristol
Explorer
Options

Update:

If my watch stays connected to my phone i never get the cooling issue and the battery will last around 4 days.
However, as soon as the watch becomes disconnected from the phone, within a few minutes it enters cooling mode and cannot be used.
I tested this yesterday by going out of range of my phone and asked a friend to call me. Within seconds of the call connecting, the watch hung up the call and entered cooling mode.
I repeated the test but connetced to my phone amd the call stayed connected on the watch for its duration (around 10 minutes) with no issue; i just had to keep my phone in my pocket.

CAn someone at samsung aknowledge this flaw please as I've had 2 watches now that do exactly the same thing.

0 Likes