Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 42 LTE

(Topic created on: 15-08-2019 02:36 AM)
Kazz1
Journeyman
Options

Hi all. I am a long distance runner. How do I get Samsung Health to track my kilometres and listen to music at the same time without the battery dying on me? I did want the watch to act in standalone capacity so I could receive phone calls during marathons/long distance runs. It doesn't seem like it's all going to be possible at this stage. Can I just turn off heart rate and GPS and just have kilometres? Will it help if I play downloaded music instead of cellular streaming? Any suggestions welcome however I have tried almost everything and can only get a 2 hour run in with music kilometres and telephone before it dies. Brightness is on 3. Everything else turned off. Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Kazz1: It is possible to track your workout and listen to music at the same time on the Galaxy Watch without being connected to your phone. To begin with please open the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone > Settings > Add Content to your watch > Add Tracks > Select the relevant files > Done.

With the files now on your Galaxy Watch, disconnect it from your phone and go to Apps > Music > Tap the output until a watch symbol is shown > Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the library screen, where you can view the current song, playlist, and queue music.

To track your distance please open the S Health app > Rotate the bezel and select 'Steps'. Once you begin your workout, rotate the bezel to the left to access your music. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Kazz1
Journeyman
Options

How do I add my downloaded playlists from Spotify into add content -music tracks? Thanks

0 Likes
Kazz1
Journeyman
Options

Andrew, I have been into the Samsung health settings, Advanced, Detect Workouts -'set your device to automatically detect and  record workouts' is greyed out (not functional) so I am unable to turn it off.

0 Likes
Kazz1
Journeyman
Options

Also with the step counter, it doesn't come in as a voice message and tell me how many kilometres I have run.

0 Likes