Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Earbuds Unusable

(Topic created on: 09-07-2019 02:49 PM)
ixHartly
First Poster
Options

So I have recently got a pair of Galaxy buds. 

I am having a major issue with the Bluetooth connection between my device and the buds, 

They are 60% of the time cutting out or lagging and its so frustrating.

Especially when my phone is in my pocket there is literally no chance I can finish a full song without any issues.

If I hold it in my hand it's not as bad but it's still having connection issues. 

Turning my head is guaranteed to make the connection drop too. 

Strange because when I leave my phone on another room I can walk rather far without the connection dropping even in other rooms it's just when I'm out walking 

It's not just with Spotify it's with podcast apps as well. 

Since I have got them I have updated them 3 times and is now currently on the latest software. I have reset them numerous times too. 

I'm currently using a Xiaomi mia2 with a Bluetooth 5.0 but I have tried the buds out on two other devices but still the same issues.

I am starting to think I have a faulty set of buds and if this is the case where do I go from there? I have not the receipt anymore.

The manufacture date on the box is 2019.03.21 if that means anything.

I love the look and feel of the galaxy buds I just wish they would work has anyone else still getting issues with theirs? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Turn off ' battery optimisation ' for Bluetooth , wear app , buds and anything else to do with them , it's under " special access " under settings , fixed it for me 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Wearables3
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with buds connecting to my watch. If my watch is by my side they cut out the connection. Does the same if my phone is in my left pocket but okay in my right. Watch worn on left hand.

0 Likes
Solution
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Turn off ' battery optimisation ' for Bluetooth , wear app , buds and anything else to do with them , it's under " special access " under settings , fixed it for me 

0 Likes
hbroon
First Poster
Options

You my friend are a star, thanks. Got mine last week and have been mucking about with bluetooth settings, codecs etc ever since, all to no avail. Was on point of just returning but your fix has worked for me too. Thanks again.