Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds windows 10 volume Control

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 09:10 AM)
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Options

I just got my galaxy buds today and windows 10 will not control the volume of the buds.  Volume control works on my oneplus 6t.  When connected to my PC I can not raise or lower the volume of the buds.  I tried to set up the the touch pads to raise and lower volume and it works on my phone but when connected to my PC the touch pads change back to the assistant and summons cortana.

16 REPLIES 16
aanyoti
First Poster
Options

Has a solution for this been found? Facing the same issue, volume can not be controlled on Windows 10.

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

You have to install Galaxy Wearable and Buds plugin to enable volume control. On OnePlus you're able to do it either by downloading the plugin from Play or from a diferent source, on Windows I'm not sure if it is possible.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Options

@aanyoti wrote:

Has a solution for this been found? Facing the same issue, volume can not be controlled on Windows 10.

No not yet.

0 Likes
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Options

@Libb wrote:

You have to install Galaxy Wearable and Buds plugin to enable volume control. On OnePlus you're able to do it either by downloading the plugin from Play or from a diferent source, on Windows I'm not sure if it is possible.

In my original post I explained that I had done this and enabled volume control but when connected to the PC it reverts back to assistant and the volume controls within windows will not change the volume and since the touch controls revert back to assistant when connected to PC I can not control volume in any way.

0 Likes
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Options

I did some more investigating and windows show the head phones connecting as 2 different devices listed as Galaxy Buds Stereo and Galaxy Buds Hands-Free AG Audio.  Windows will control the Hands-Free AG Audio but it is phone quality sound and very tinny.  I have to switch to the Hands-Free AG Audio to change the volume then change back to the stereo to get the stereo to change to the new volume but still can not change it directly.  This may be a windows driver issue but I can not find a driver on samsungs site.  I can confirm that other wireless head phones work correctly with my PC including Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 II.  If I can not get these to work with my PC I will have to return them and go with another brand.

D4n21
Student
Options

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. I'm having the same problem and I have scoured the internet with no god ***** answers...

0 Likes
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Options

I ended up returning the Galaxy buds an went with the Anker soundcore liberty 2 pro which did work perfectly and sounded great but those didn't fit as well and returned them as well.

0 Likes
Mimiky
First Poster
Options

I know this is a bit late but for anyone who stumbled upon this thread and doesn't want to return their buds, I think I found a solution to this problem. If you take them out one at a time (every time you take one out you have to close the case again reopen it to take the second one out, then close it again) it fixes this issue. For me at least...

TTGP
First Poster
Options
Wow that worked right away, thanks!
0 Likes