Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds - more options for touch controls

(Topic created on: 10-04-2019 10:14 AM)
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

I got my Galaxy Buds the other day and honestly I really like them. They're comfortable and it's nice to finally have some headphones without wires. I also like that you can perform various actions by touching the touch buttons on the headphones.

So right now, only press and hold is customisable. As these are headphones, I'd like to be able to adjust the volume using the touch controls. However, the ability to press and hold to temporarily enable ambient noise is a neat and very useful feature. I could set the other bud to do volume up, but that's kind of pointless without also having volume down on there, so I've set the other bud to start up voice assistant, which works pretty nicely. Still, I'd love to be able to also control volume with the buds...

...so what I think would be great is the ability to customise what single, double tap and triple tap do per bud. This would allow us to set one bud for volume control and the other for playback control. Alternatively, you could set the left bud to do pause, volume down, and previous track, and the right bud to do pause, volume up, and next track.

As I said, really liking these headphones but a little more flexibility with touch control functionality would, in my opinion, go a long way.

11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options

I think that's a pretty cool suggestion. I've pitched it our R&D peeps, and will let you know what our developers think. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

JelleJ_
First Poster
Options

I'd actually like to add an idea to this. I'd love being able to touch the bud once, which would then activate ambient noise until I touch it again. This way it's a bit less awkard talking to people as you don't have to constantly keep holding your earbud.

I love the comfort and sound of the Galaxy Buds and this is really the only thing I'm missing. 

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

That's great, I look forward to hearing back!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

The developers have got back to us. They really like the suggestions both of you had, but they've advised that they'd require some hardware tweaks (along with the obvious updates to the software) to implement effectively, and so the suggestions will be considered for the next Buds model. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
lanebking86
First Poster
Options

Yassss please do this!

0 Likes
croskey2010
First Poster
Options

Hey Ants, do you think you could have them fix the issue with the buds not remembering the always selction for the assistant of choice?  Mine will not remember and I just spent 30 minutes in support chat with no additional help. 

0 Likes
SteveWaring
Explorer
Options

A great idea.

0 Likes
Fahad36
First Poster
Options

can the developers at least enable the option of changing the double-tap similar to the lab option of increasing volume up and down? I find the triple tap to be finicky. So in labs, similar to the volume option, I'd like the ability to double-tap left bud for previous track, and right bud for next track.

0 Likes
Neokane
First Poster
Options

Another idea for a touch option would be to mute the audio source for either the left or right bud.  It would be great if you want to be able to listen to music in the background but still participate in the conversation of listen to ambient noise.

That would be my preferred press and hold configuration.

0 Likes