Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds missing drivers?

(Topic created on: 16-12-2019 02:05 PM)
Gbr
Explorer
Options

I managed to pair my Buds with my laptop, and it's working ok now. However, I notice there are these three unknown things in Device Manager, and no matter where I try, I cannot seem to find the drivers for these. Heck, I can't even find what they're supposed to be. I'd be very grateful if we could get some information on this, even more so if the missing drivers could be supplied please.

buds.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Gbr ,

Thought I'd ask our developers about this one for you. They've replied:

"This menu shows supported services in Galaxy Buds.
All of the services are using specific functions, and some functions are not supported in the laptop environment.
Please ignore GEARMANAGER3/SAMSUNGDEVICEs services, because these services are used for Samsung mobile devices."

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Gbr: Are you using Galaxy Buds Manager on your laptop? If not, please follow the link below to download the relevant version for PC or Mac: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SM-R170NZWABTU/
Gbr
Explorer
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Gbr: Are you using Galaxy Buds Manager on your laptop? If not, please follow the link below to download the relevant version for PC or Mac: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SM-R170NZWABTU/

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it does not solve the issue - I don't use it because I've had no need for it, but I did give it a try just now because of the suggestion. Sadly, it seems to be faulty at some point. The installer does ask for admin rights via UAC (using Windows 10 1909, 18363.535), which I accept, and then nothing happens. No actual installation process begins, nothing is displayed, and as far as I can tell looking for changes, nothing gets installed either: no shortcuts, no created libraries, and the three unknown devices remain unknown. (For the record: I can manually extract the files from the installer, and use the Manager app afterwards - indeed, my Buds are up to date too. But it makes no changes to the system, and it doesn't seem to include drivers eithers.)

An update perhaps would be nice: apparently Windows can set the device up automatically so that it works, I just don't understand why it comes with three additional services, the drivers of which are missing from both Windows Update, and seemingly from the internet at large...

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Gbr ,

Thought I'd ask our developers about this one for you. They've replied:

"This menu shows supported services in Galaxy Buds.
All of the services are using specific functions, and some functions are not supported in the laptop environment.
Please ignore GEARMANAGER3/SAMSUNGDEVICEs services, because these services are used for Samsung mobile devices."

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Thanks fot the help on this

0 Likes
Naanmana
First Poster
Options

I have this issue as well. The BTIS and SAMSUNGDEVICE drivers are missing and won't install automatically when I pair my Buds+. My laptop is paired with the Buds+ but it is not recognized as an audio device nor does it output any audio. Re-pairing doesn't do anything, and I can't find drivers for them.

0 Likes
jcassiog
First Poster
Options

Rapaziada estou com o mesmo problema de driver's (BTIS/GEARMANAGER3/SAMSUNGDEVICEs), alguém conseguiu resolver?

0 Likes