Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 03:05 PM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

Go to solution
193 REPLIES 193
Sgoobysnacks
First Poster
Options

I cleaned by buds with a wet wipe, it caused a reduction of sound in the left earbud by around 50% which drove me insane, I tried everything to fix it, someone suggested lightly blowing on the mettle grid, it worked to a degree, but not perfect, then I remembered i had a can of compressed air! Gave the bud grid a quick blast of compressed air and they are working perfectly again! 

0 Likes
Eva_Hel
Student
Options

I was so frustrated, tried everything and finally this simple solution of blowing into the silent bud worked. Thanks 🙏

0 Likes
mike_theunique
First Poster
Options

how did you do to solve it mate?

0 Likes
Eva_Hel
Student
Options

First I just blew into it after removing the silicon head, It worked immediately. Then I remembered that I had compressed air, so I used that too. The sound quality was like 100 times better, so I did the same on the other bud too. I didn't realise that over time the sound quality was going down. 

0 Likes
Dimitrioneri
First Poster
Options

Is there any other way to fix this balance issue because I have already gotten a replacement pair of galaxy buds, but the new pair has the same problem now. I'm not sure if I can get another replacement pair but the issue seems to keep happening. Thanks for any replies. 

0 Likes
Kim_0218
Apprentice
Options

Ive had this issue before, with my first pair, I returned them and asked for an exchange but it happened again on the second pair so I started thinking of possible reasons why it happened and it turned out to be that the metal gril had some ear wax on it (on the inside). I solved it by taking a needle and poking out from the metal gril on the bud and it works completely fine now.

* Try at own risk as it may damage the inside of the buds, and I am not responsible for any damages. I'm just saying that it worked for me *

0 Likes
Kim_0218
Apprentice
Options
Im sorry this appears as a post, I dont know how to tag it as a Solution...
0 Likes
nopen1278
Journeyman
Options
I believe the user that posted the issue would need to tag it as a solution. Also I would recommend users with this issue try using a tooth brush to clean out the ear bud as this would clean the bud without much risk of damaging the speaker or grill as a needle might have.
0 Likes
Elvinn
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue can you please help
0 Likes
MisaK14
Student
Options

@Electr0 wrote:

Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

0 Likes