I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.
When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.
I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Try disconnecting them from your (galaxy) phone, unpairing them, and pair them with another different device (one that does not use the Galaxy Wearables app) . Test the audio (it should be fixed/reset now) and then re-pair them back to your phone. That managed to work for me.
It's a possible workaround, but this shouldn't be an issue in the first place.
@Emyr2703*****, that sucks. Have you tried resetting them through the Galaxy Wearables app?
1. Pair to your Note 9
2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other device.
6. Un-pair from your other deceive
8. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
9. Repair to you Note 9 and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.
* Note: You might be forced to setup the Buds between step 3 & 4 (I can't remember). If you can, try to skip it, if that's not possible, set them up and then continue to step 4.
I paired mine to my Galaxy Watch and the issue was resolved... I have no idea how or why.
I just got that issue today, 5-29-19, and I've read some stuff about it and it's always people's right bud which is same as mine. I wish Samsung could give info on thos.