Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 16-07-2019 02:09 PM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

193 REPLIES 193
MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

Nothing has worked.

Samsung has refused to send me any information or reference numbers, even after 3 emails.

Messing with the ambient sound hasn't worked either.

How do you reset the budz?

The model number of mine is:

SM-R170 (EARBUDS), EP-QR170 (CRADLE)

0 Likes
nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

To get my replacement buds from promotions I had to conact promotions at their number - 1-866-888-5503.  If you dont have a technical support reference number they can transfer you to their tech department to go through the whole thing and they should be able to provide a reference number from their technical support if needed.  And when you get back to promotions they can give you their own reference number.  You may want to give them a date of less than a month that you received the buds because if it is more than a month they may not accept it.  

As for resetting the buds you go into the galaxy wearables app on your phone -> about earbuds -> reset earbuds.  And your earbuds have to be connected to your phone to reset them.

0 Likes
Sarubab
First Poster
Options

Basically I was wearing my Galaxy buds in heavy rain and my right one dropped in a puddle and that bud got very silent after drying it. Then few weeks later then left bud got silent just out of nowhere. Then I tried to reset my buds and stuff nothing worked. Then I thought let's dipped it in water again. And now it's working fine somehow. 

0 Likes
billcsho
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I usually just wear the left side and did not realize any problem. I started using the right side a few weeks ago and found it to have a much lower volume. After spending a few weeks trying to register the product and looking up the internet for solution, I did the chat inside the Samsung Members app. There is no registration needed or possible. They ask for a receipt as proof of purhase for the warranty replacement. Fortunately, I found the packing slip from 4 months ago as none of the confirmation emails from AT&T contain all the required information. So if you have the same problem, you likely need to chat with them to get an exchange ticket. 

0 Likes
LamoidZombieDog
First Poster
Options

I get this sounds stupid, but it seemed that taking off the silicone piece on my right ear bud and wiping it down real quick, fixed the issue. It was not dirty but just taking it off and putting it back on helped. I thought to try it when my knock off Galaxy buds I had had similar type of issues because they were garbage..

Mikesteal
First Poster
Options

My left ear bud is changing between being quiter then equal to my right earbud. I tried the equalizer thing and it worked for 1 minute.

0 Likes
Brunobr1
First Poster
Options

I had a very low volume problem with my right ear bud. 

Reseting and pairing with other devices didn't solve it for me. My Buds were bought abroad as a present, so I don't have the receipt for warranty and that's why I did the following:

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid

2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool. I used a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it. 

3. Clean the mesh under the grid (it had some ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid).

4. Put back the mesh and the grid.

Conclusion: I only recommend this if you are no longer covered by warranty and don't mind you will probably lose some of the water/sweat resistance. But this really worked for me. It was a cleaning problem caused by ear wax accumulated between the metal grid and the mesh under it. 

JayLay
Explorer
Options

I just had the problem, after reading all your experiences, i obviously tried them the......didn't work.

I did it anyway, so, what I did was, do you remember the superNES cartdriges? What did we do when they didnt work properly? We blew into it :smiling-face:

I took off the silicone cap on the right bud, coveret tge eqrpeace with my mouth and blew veeeery gentle, almost nothing....and now it works!!!

Keep in mind, if you blow into the earpiece, to blow dry.... Do it on your own risk!!!

Vipervince24
First Poster
Options

how do you know if you have a warranty 

0 Likes
billcsho
First Poster
Options
Chat with them on the app. Be prepared to provide a proof of purchase like a receipt.
0 Likes