Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 30-05-2019 11:45 AM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

193 REPLIES 193
MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

The weird thing is that my left bud is lower than my right bud

nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same issue.  It's just my left earbud is lower than the right one.  I have tried everything from resetting the earbuds to cleaning them.  The only thing that seems to have helped but not completely is adjusting the Bluetooth->advanced and turning on media volume sync.  Then going into settings accessibility->hearing enhancements and adjusting the balance there.  With those two settings I seem to have decent volume and its at about the same level on both buds.  I should not have to do this but it seems to be a necessity.  At least with these buds callers can actually hear me on the other end.

EthanC
Student
Options

Last night I tried contacting them but every troubleshooting thing they said didn't work.

0 Likes
MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

I think the next thin to do is send them back, though, I don't know exactly how to do that because I got mine through the S 10 promotional thing.

Emyr2703
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. my galaxy buds are fixed btw..

so i took my buds to the samsung service centre, still have the warranty so its free.. service was great, they gave me updates every 2days.. so after a week they said they couldnt fix the ear buds.. so they gave me a brand new pair.. and works perfectly.. so yaaayy

if you guys still have the warranty just take you galaxy buds to the Samsung service centre.. thanks guys, i hope it helps.. cheers.

MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

But what should I do if I got mine with the S 10 promotional thing? They were free, what do you think I should do, try and take them back anyway?

nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

@MissingLink You will have to go through samsung promotions to get the replacement buds.  For me these are the replacement buds since my first buds had a different issue.  Also if you had any tech support that you worked with have the reference numbers ready in case they ask for it.  Promotions will give you a bit of a run around but as long as you go through tech support they will eventually send you replacement buds.  Hopefully ones that work without any issues.

MissingLink
Journeyman
Options

Thank you! Will keep you posted about the situation.

0 Likes
AgentWD40
Apprentice
Options

I sent my buds back about 3 or 4 weeks ago now and last response I had from samsung was they still have not recieved them in there system, so from the sounds of it they are now lost, so am starting to get quite angry now as after 4 months I'm still without the earphones and no sign of when I will receive them back after having a faulty set.

onyeukcc1
First Poster
Options

I was struggling with this, reset the earbuds and then toggle the ambient noise setting off and on that should do it. While charging something makes one airbud stay in ambient while the other isnt.