Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds+ Right earbud beeping

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 03:05 PM)
caljames96
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased the buds+ a few weeks ago and have been using this a few times when running/walking or just chilling in the sun.

However after around 10 minutes sitting outside the right side starts to beep. 

The battery is charged, firmware is updated to the latest.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DarkStar
Student
Options

I have had my buds for over a year now and used to use them on the train to and from work with no problems.
Since the covid-19 lockdown I have been going on walks daily and started to experience this issue.
Sometimes one of the buds would emit the sound they generate when you first put them in your ear at random intervals.

At first I couldn't work out what was wrong, thinking it was the phone (Samsung S10 +) generating the sound.
After spending many hours searching for the issue on-line I have worked out what is happening.
It is, imho, a design flaw. The sound is the earbud warning you that it is overheating. This link pointed me in the right direction - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/samsung-galaxy-buds-true-wireless-earbud-headphones-black/634...
The problem is that you can't use them in direct sunlight. If I use them on a cloudy day or out of direct sunlight, they work fine with no issues. However, if I use them on a bright sunny day and the sun is shining on one of the buds, it will start beeping every 5 to 10 seconds until you point it away from the sun, which effectively renders them useless.
I have experimented with this by pointing each bud at the sun while in my ear and only the bud in direct sunlight starts to beep. If I block the sun out they do not beep. Other Bluetooth headsets do not beep when subjected to the same conditions.
I suspect Samsung will deny any knowledge of this issue as they usually do, but I am convinced that this is the root cause of the issue many people are reporting.
Let me know if this is what you are experiencing.

MangoMan
First Poster
Options
This issue has frustrated me to no end I think you figured it out as it only happens to me when I'm outside walking...
0 Likes
Ynotbme
First Poster
Options

Hi... same problem, had mine since April, been back to Samsung 3 times. Received them back this week... still beeping after 10 mins in direct sunlight... sadly can't get any sense out of samsumg.. their stock response is to have them back dor repair and then do nothing.. pity, happy with them apart from I can't use them in sunlight!!

0 Likes