Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active not tracking distance

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 09:54 AM)
matthewgordon
Student
Options
Hi,

The diatnce isn't being tracked on my Galaxy Active watch. During and after a activity it states 0km. I have reset the watch to factory settings, turned on GPS, turned off/on cycling in workout detection. Turned off elliptical training and rowing in workout dectection.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Matthew
60 REPLIES 60
vcb125
First Poster
Options

So here's an update: I reset the watch once, and the walking was working pretty good, but that's when cycling and running quit tracking. So I reset it again; the cycling and running is working, but the walking has gone back to randomly stopping the distance tracking mid-walk. Whatever! Samsung needs to address this issue...again, it only began since the last update on 10/18/2019.

0 Likes
monder
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem with active watch 1 when running, or doing actually any exercise sometimes it works sometimes doesn't other times it says i burnt 2k calories while sleeping, someone really ***** up and Samsung isn't doing anything, i should have gone for an apple watch...

Goldman1
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here - no distance for cycling... and I just got my watch 😞

0 Likes
AlexanderBratusenko
First Poster
Options

Very disappointing,  but discover that today too, hope someone's up to fix that bug

0 Likes
JohnKBaker
First Poster
Options

I have noticed this same problem today. 2.06 miles in it continued logging time, HR, and calories, but distance stuck. 

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

I recently got an update notification and now the watch is stopping my workout before I'm done with it. Today the last I knew it was at 1.5 miles (walking) and by the time I got home (3 miles) it was off and no workout is logged that I can find. I'm not sure if any of the other workouts is effected since I'm pretty much just walking these days.
Just found my workout logs and today it stopped at 1.89 miles, 2 days ago at 2.36 miles. It hasn't worked properly since 3/25/2020.

0 Likes
Goldman1
Apprentice
Options

After fiddling around I found another app, Gear Tracker, and that works perfect - I really suggest anyone serious about tracking their training in Gear to download and use that app instead!!

0 Likes
Samsgear
Journeyman
Options

Similar issues here 😞

1. Cycling workout distance shows 0.0 miles. Interestingly, distance works fine for Walking and Running.

2. Cycling workouts are not auto-detecting anymore, have to remember to start them manually. 

This is Galaxy Watch S3, SM-R760, Software version R760XXU2ESF2

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

I start my walking workout and it shuts itself off. Then 10 mins later, it auto detects a walking workout. That shuts itself off but 10 mins later it auto detects again. All this over, and over, and over....I haven't tried other workouts. When I walk tomorrow I'm gonna set it on running to see if it does the same. 

0 Likes
Hatingmywatch
Apprentice
Options

Constant problems arising with every update

0 Likes