Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active 2 double counts steps

(Topic created on: 25-12-2019 03:30 PM)
Kpope402
First Poster
Options

My wife received a galaxy active 2 for christmas. When trying to select a device to track steps, there are only options to select the phone as the only step counter or the watch and phone together. There is no option to select just the watch. This means that anytime she is carrying the phone while wearing the watch her steps are double counted. One thread suggested turning off work out detection for the phone but that option is greyed out. What gives? How are steps supposed to be counted accurately when the app automatically counts both sets of steps?

5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Kpope402! Are you still having issues with this? If not can you share with the community how you sorted it? 

0 Likes
Grant837
Explorer
Options

If you wear your watch all the time, then indeed, you only want the watch data.  The solution is easy now: on the phone app, go to the Steps pages in the Health app, select ' Mobile '  only, AND now go up to the three dots in the upper right, and select 'Pause Step Counts'.  Then go back and switch to 'All Steps'  (phone and watch).  After that only steps from your watch are tracked.

(It could be the developers thought about this and they try to normalize the two inputs so its only counting one or the other.  One person has tested it and said it is so.  My observations indicate that indeed its not 100% doubling up, but only 10-10%.  It would be neat if a few people would test this and confirm)

Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options
Thanks for the post, was really helpful information
0 Likes
pockata
First Poster
Options

Had the same double counting issue - it was rare but I noticed sometimes an automatic workout started on my watch & phone at the same time, which doubled my steps and once I noticed that I was moving around the house the whole day but my phone was stationary and my watch refused to count any steps (it used to work fine before I got the phone).

This is the only solution that helped - moving to mobile, pausing the step counts and then moving back to phone and watch - so I had to register on here to give you a like. The developers really should think of improving the UI of the options there.

Thanks!

naf7677
Apprentice
Options
Hey 👋
0 Likes