Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLitchy as hell

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 04:11 PM)
bg362
Apprentice
Options

Ive had a Galaxy watch for about 5 months, it was ok at first..the odd glitch here and there. Now its all over the place, sometimes it records activity, but othertimes ( like this morning) it stopped recording three times...for no reason! ive done all the recommended remedies, But nothing works. Its also stopped counting floors now. A friend I train with has the same issues.

This is by far the worst fitness tracker I have ever had, great at counting steps...terribile if you want to exercise. ive just put two people off buying one. Im going back to Fitbit or try Garmin.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @bg362 ,

this is not what we expect from our products and I would like to have a look into this with you. Are you able to tell me which phone do you have this connected to and if both devices software and the Samsung Wearable app are up to date? 

0 Likes
bg362
Apprentice
Options

I have a Hauwei p20 pro. Both devices are up to date, i have cleared my cache/data as per insturtions on forum

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine. Do you have both devices connected when that happens? Is the Samsung Health app showing the right information about your exercises? ^TM

0 Likes
bg362
Apprentice
Options

Yes, my watch is normally collected to my phones bluetooth and the app shows up to date infomation

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do you have a target set for the workout e.g. steps, distance, calories? If so, can you try disabling the target temporarily to see if this helps, to see if the 'target reached' screen is causing any issues? In contrast, try setting a target that's higher than your average, to see if this keeps the tracker on.

0 Likes
bg362
Apprentice
Options

No, ive never set any targets, as my works outs very

0 Likes
bg362
Apprentice
Options

The tracker cuts out at random times, on different activities, so i dont see how setting target high would help. Today it turned off at minutes 5, 35 and 15..in that order. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Let's try to find the root of the issue. Is this affecting all the activities? If so, do you have the Automatic Workout Detection feature enabled on your watch? You can find how to check this here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083510/

Are you using any power saving settings at all on any of these devices?

0 Likes
bg362
Apprentice
Options

yes my auto detect is turned on, and no i dont have any power saving modes turned on.

0 Likes