Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floors not registering, steps incorrect on Galaxy active 2 watch

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 12:02 AM)
Dalgirl
Apprentice
Options

I want to love my Galaxy 2 Watch but am thus far less than enamored.  I have been a Fitbit girl for about 7 years now so I may just be used to the ease of their system, but...

I live in a house with many, many flights of stairs, I work in buildings with many, many stairs on a daily basis - yet on a daily basis - I get 0 floors (ok one time it did show 1).  And I am talking, I am climbing 3 flights at once with nothing registering!

Also the basic step count is way off for me.  I know this as I count and then look at the watch and it does not match, I am constantly shorted.  Fitbit has an option to either enter your stride length or have GPS calculate.  This does not appear to be an option on this device.  Is it?  How do I do it?

Any help will be greatly, greatly (did I say greatly?) appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Uath2
Explorer
Options

Hello Dalgirl!!! you can not use a GPS in insided buildings, tunnels, and other oposite to be line sight free to the sky, We have two of thoses Watch at home and we have some problem sometimes, but usually inside of home.

About your stride length, I think it is by math form, depending of your height and info of S-health but I'm not sure at all.

:heavy-black-heart:

0 Likes
Dalgirl
Apprentice
Options

I am not talking about using GPS indoors.  Also, I have completed 2 full flights of stairs, over 16 feet already today, and showing 0 on the watch. Not happy with this.

0 Likes
bliss_s
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes I'm a former fitbit user and I'm finding that my new Active 2 is NOT counting floors correctly.  It does seem to count them a bit better if it believes i'm in exercise mode, but that doesn't happen until I've been walking/running/moving for 10 minutes.  I do 8 flights of stairs whenever i come to work and a similar number going in and out of BART-my typical workday (non-hike day) "floor" count with fitbit was approximately 50.  I'm wondering if Samsung support ever looks at the community comments?

Becka21
First Poster
Options

I just bought the Active 2 and I noticed my Floor count hasn't moved once. 😑 I wish I would have know that this was an issue with the floor count. I also noticed that my step count is off as well. I'm thinking about returning this Watch and going back to my Fitbit. At least with my Fitbit it was acknowledging my steps and Floor count correctly.  Very disappointed with this watch. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I too have had a Fitbit for the last 5 years and no problems right out of the box. However after 5 years the charge was not lasting as long as when new. I tried a Samsung Galaxy watch and couldn't get the floors to register. Tried Samsung support (if you can call it that!) and got nowhere, so I returned the watch. I was told that the Samsung Active 2 was more a fitness watch than the Galaxy watch.....so I gave it a try. SAME PROBLEM!!!

If Samsung can't figure out something as simple as this over the years......I am going out today to return my SECOND Samsung product and will buy another Fitbit. Maybe Samsung should buy one as well so they can take it apart to see how it works.

Dalgirl
Apprentice
Options

I am sorry to hear that!  I waited too long to give my Samsung back but sure wish I could!  I use it for messages and step count and that is about all I have found it works for.  And messaging only works about 1/2 the time.  I loved my Ionic but it does not appear that is being continued by Fitbit and I am not sure what to switch to now.  I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that I could look at my stats on my computer and update etc. from that - something you definitely cannot do with Samsung!

0 Likes