Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Samsung Galaxy Watch - Set display to always on during swim training

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 03:14 PM)
xylome
Student
Options

While swimming it is very unhandy to turn the bezel ring to turn the display on to read the watch.

Feature request:

• Add an option to keep the display always on (adjustable brightness) while in swim training mode
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@xylome: At the moment, when you use the swimming app it automatically activates Water Lock Mode which disables the Always On feature, although I do appreciate that this isn't ideal if you want to check your progress mid-workout. I'll pass your feedback on to our R&D Team to see if this can be adjusted in a future product or update. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.
AndrewL
Options
@xylome: Just heard back from the developers about this request, and they say that the option to keep the display always on while swimming will probably be implemented this year. However, the exact date of implementation is not known yet.

djacks42
First Poster
Options

Hi, is there any news on this please? For serious swimming, there is no time to turn the bezel.. I want to glance at it mid stroke like I can with my other sports watches. Should be a an easy fix please?!

0 Likes
djacks42
First Poster
Options

Ok, just realised that you can set the guide frequency to any number of lengths or duration. I.e. set it to 2 lengths and it vibrates and screen comes on for a few secs on starting the 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc. It does this when you have in 'target workout' mode, (82 lengths, 2km) for example. Haven't checked in 'basic workout' mode. Think it doesn't, hence my original query above. Ps. 'Geartracker' app for running, walking and open water is superb 5*. Syncs to Strava instantly at end of workout. 

0 Likes