Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Galaxy Watch Active Work on Wireless Charging Pads?

(Topic created on: 03-04-2019 10:03 AM)
ConnorM
Explorer
Options

I've recently purhcased a Galax Watch Active - I love it! But when I place the back of the watch (in the position the provided charger would be located) on a wireless charging pad it doesn't seem to want to charge. I've used two different wireless charging pads, one is an IKEA lamp and the official Samsung Wireless Charging pad from last year which can be at an angle and flat. The wireless charging pads both begin to flash and look almost like it's picking something up but not a solid light to notify a successful charge.

In short, can I use a normal charging pad on the Galaxt Watch Active or does it have to be the provided charger only?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MPJ81
Navigator
Options

My Gear Sport watch works perfectly with my new Wireless Duo Charger. They advertise the charger with images of it charging the Galaxy Watch so I would expect it work.

0 Likes
Chloe26
Student
Options

Hi Connor, I've got the same issue! Using am official Samsung fast charge pad and it flashes blue to show it is charging however the watch doesn't seem to pick anything up. I can't find any information online about it. 

ConnorM
Explorer
Options
That's the exact issue I'm having... How bizarre
0 Likes
Bibbs
Student
Options

I think a lot of pads have a larger induction loop for phones, where the watches need one that's a lot smaller.

So it'll depend on the setup of the pad itself.

Bobcat
Apprentice
Options
I have two wireless charging pads and neither of them charge the watch. I get the flashing lights indicating error or device misalignment.
0 Likes
Peter_UK
First Poster
Options
Got the same issue! Does anyone resolve it? Which charger is able to charge the watch?
0 Likes
Chloe26
Student
Options

I visited my local Samsung store and they advised the slightly older charging pads do not work with the watch. Only the newest pad works (duo) which was released at the same time the watch was. 

0 Likes
MrPBA
First Poster
Options

Perhaps a large washer made of suitable conductive material will zoom in for a smart watch charge. I find it annoying that i cant use a small portable wireless charging pad for a smart watch as well as a phone I like my S9 can charge using a cheap wieless charger. I put my nice new galaxy watch on it oh no flashing senor light cant pick it up throw me away Im garbage led indicator..

Any ideas, im suggesting copper sheet wont be any good

0 Likes