Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisable Run/Interval Training

(Topic created on: 13-01-2020 03:19 AM)
Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I am using the Galaxy Watch (linked to my Galaxy S8). I do lots of different types of runs with just my watch and would like to set up customised training sessions.

Most information i have found directs you to use either the dedicated workout schedule programs OR use the pace-setter option under the workouts. However, I've found neither to be customisable enough to set up the training im after. The pace-setter is still limiting to what you can set.

As an example, I would like to set up interval training as:

- Run 400m 

- 75 second rest

(repeat the above 8 times)

My friends using other brand watches can set these customisable runs before we go, I've found I have to watch the distance and time and keep hitting the manual lap. Am i missing something or is this not possible currently in S Health?

EDIT: Alternatively, is it possible to create our own programs and add them to S Health?

34 REPLIES 34
ire9005
First Poster
Options

I am looking for the same option. Unfortunately, it's not available on SGA2. I tried to find app to download but can't find anything that would be as simple as setting up training pattern, such as 10 min run 2 min rest for 5 times. How difficult is it? I am thinking to buy Garmin instead. 

Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

I agree. It's not too far off 2 months and still no reply from Samsung. Hopefully we get something soon.

Keef1
First Poster
Options

This is a pretty big deal. I look forward to whatever the solution here is. 

I would love to get a Galaxy Active 2, but the one thing holding me back is the inability to make your own intervals on the watch. It's a big deal!  I'd like to plan my run (e.g. Sprint 400m, jog 1mi...) then just get on the road and let my watch do the coaching. 

Currently I'm using a Garmin Vivoactive Music. It's inferior in every way to the Active 2... EXCEPT that I can create custom run and cardio intervals. I'm sticking with my inferior watch because it's actually superior in the ONE area it actually counts: customisable workout intervals. 

You're too good for this, Samsung. Get this feature now! Or get seamless integration with a developer who can.  

Qalculus
Student
Options

I want this feature too. 

dobberz
Student
Options

I just got mine today and find myself here.  This is embarrassing that they can't come up with such a simple functionality.

sunildevchoudhary
First Poster
Options

Same here. I would love to have the customisable intervals. This is one thing i miss in the watch, if samsung is still not providing the functionality then its time for us to switch to Garmin.

0 Likes
nucatolo
Voyager
Options

me too. 

Has anybody already tested  the custom app Interval Sport Timer? I hate to pay for something that should be of course on a sportwatch...

0 Likes
Woody0815
First Poster
Options

Quite annoying. This should be a basic function on every sports app. I hope this will be fixed very soon.

Lemondrop
First Poster
Options

Same here! I find myself regretting my Samsung purchase