Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Concerned about an update

(Topic created on: 05-09-2019 07:26 PM)
Milambar
Apprentice
Options

My phone notified me that the Galaxy Wearables needed to update, a notification I dismissed.

Later on, when I had time, I trundled off to the google play app, intending to update the Galaxy Wearable app, as requested, but Google play said it was up to date. When I tried to open the Galaxy wearables app, it refused to open saying I simply MUST update it, with a big orange UPDATE button.

I am not clicking it, until I know if its safe to do so, because Google Play still says its up to date, and I strongly distrust apps that want to update outside of Google Play, as they lack the security screening that Google Play uses.

Is this a genuine update, or has my phone been "pwned" to use a gamers term?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Milambar: If it's a genuine update then, when opening the Wearables app, you should see 'Galaxy Wearable' in the centre of the screen, then towards the bottom it should say 'A new version is available' with the size of the update below that and an orange 'Update' prompt. I looked into this and I didn't get an update prompt in the Play Store either, so I think you're safe to proceed.

0 Likes
Milambar
Apprentice
Options

That is indeed how it looked. Thank you for the confirmation, much appreciated.