Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger duo - slight buzzing sound

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 11:21 AM)
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Got my charger duo the other day which I'm very happy about. I keep it in the bedroom for charging overnight and have noticed that when a phone or my watch are on it, there is a slight but still annoying buzzing sound coming from it. It makes this noise whether or not the device on it has finished charging - if one of the charging indicators on the charger is on, it will buzz.

Anyone else had this?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does the buzz still occur when no device is sat on it @ConcreteLlama

Even when a device has finished charging if it's still left on the charger it will still trickle charge.

Could the buzz your hearing possibly be the cooling fan ?

If not then for peace of mind if this was me id try to see if there was a retail model in a shop so I could listen to that one but if that's not possible where you live then see if you can request a replacement. 

I've not seen any other posts on forums saying it makes this sound. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

@BandOfBrothers Funnily enough at first I did think it sounded like a fan but didn't expect a wirelesss charger to have one - I've got a couple of wireless chargers and none have fans, at least not audible ones. So it may well be that...

0 Likes
SuperSpooner
Apprentice
Options

Ive noticed it is quite noisy too. There is a slight buzzing but its mostly the fan noise that bothers me at night.

I read on another forum that if you turn off fast charge mode on phone the fan wont kick in but doesnt make a difference.

0 Likes
Sheriff2971
Student
Options

I love Samsung products.. however this charger is terrible .. I cannot use it at the side of my bed because of the noise it makes. It sounds like fans inside the housing. Extremely disappointing.. unlike the normal Samsung experience. 

SPANOUT
Journeyman
Options

I'm glad that I found this post. I received my free charger and was extremely impressed with what I saw until i put it by my bed. It is incredibly loud and not suitable for bedside. I thought mine was faulty but it looks to be a design flaw instead. Such a shame as it is a great idea for the watch and phone. 

Sheriff2971
Student
Options

If you turn the quick charge off the phone it stops the fan kicking in .. but I haven't figured out how to do the same with my watch .. think I'll sell the charger ... really disappointed 

0 Likes
Het1433
First Poster
Options

Yes me also my charger keep emiting sound since i bought it

0 Likes
Nox1231
First Poster
Options

That's weird because I have the first gen duo with quick charge on and the noise is barely audible for me, lucky me I guess.

0 Likes