Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can you make calls with a Gear S3 without having your phone?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2017 04:54 PM)
J-S-Q
First Poster
Options

I have read conflicting things about this....

Is it possible to make/recieve calls on a Gear S3 Classic when I don't have my phone with me? If so, does it require an additional account/cost from my moble provider? I am in the UK with O2 in case it's relevant.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @J-S-Q

This is a recent thread I was involved in > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-s3-frontier/m-p/329860#M11538

Although that refers to the frontier version. 

In regards to standalone you’d probably need to speak to o2 to ask about a separate tariff / cost to use the watch as standalone.

But as far as I can see at the moment the version you mention according to all the Spec sites does not have an e-sim built in, so it would need to be paired in my understanding. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all. :robothappy:

Both the Classic and Frontier versions of the UK Gear S3 currently available are unable to make and receive calls by themselves, and would need to be paired to a smartphone.

0 Likes
J-S-Q
First Poster
Options

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

0 Likes
YolandaHail
First Poster
Options

You should be able to if the gear line was added to service, just go to bluetooth settings and turn off. It should connect to mobile network automatically (check your mobile neworks settings).  If not, it may he who you'e receiving service from , i.e. Verizon, ATT...

0 Likes
Solution
Sgtgadget
Student
Options

Only the LTE versions of the Gear S3 can make or receive phone calls when not paired to your Smart Phone.

0 Likes
FULLOFDOUBTS
First Poster
Options
HELLO,
I am using c7 pro...&...I am living in INDIA..can I use gear s3 without my phone..
that means can I use the watch for making calls and typing text if I fogot my phone in home..
please clarify my doubt..
Actually I am having lot of doubts about gears3.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @FULLOFDOUBTS. You'd be unable to make calls and texts on your Gear S3 without having your phone with you and it being paired with your smartwatch. There's more info on the Indian Gear S3 here. :robothappy:

0 Likes
Sgtgadget
Student
Options

The LTE version of Gear S3 is only available in a limited number of countries. Most have the WiFi only version. Click here.

0 Likes
Saad02
First Poster
Options
If they are paired with and then forgot at home then??
0 Likes