Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain how AOD should work on the Active 2

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 12:54 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Hi, I've had the Active 2 for about a week but don't fully understand how the AOD display is supposed to operate.  As I see it, if you choose this option the watch should have a slighly dimmer, more staic version of the watch face on ALL the time - simple.

However it appears for this to work correctly you have to also turn off 'Wake-up gesture' and 'Touch wake-up'!  Is this how it's supposed to work?

This means I have to press the button to bring up the fully operational watch face.

Edit:  Even with all wake up gestures it eventaully goes off - what gives.  Is my watch faulty?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Hi, does anyone with the Active2 on here use AOD?  I'm trying to understand it. 

At the moment it seems to work when I'm moving around, and also having the screen come alive via arm movement and screen touch.  It seems to be temperamental when I am inactive e.g. watching TV.  Its on for awhile - varies in time - then the AOD just stops (even though still selected) and will only respond to gestures set. 

Is this how its supposed to work?  Samsung online support or no help.  They instructed me that gestures should be off for it to work - which is not true when I'm up and about and makes no difference when inactive.

All they could suggest is that it should go to a support centre to be looked at.  Its currently booked in for collection Tuesday.  However I'm loathe to send this for repair for what may just be a software issue

ANy thoughts?  Thanks

0 Likes
liviu_daniel
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here.

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@liviu_daniel wrote:

Same issue here.

Got used to it now.  Seems to work reasonably well when active.  If I sit down for a period of time it turns off - but as I have wake up and touch gestures both on its not that much of a deal

0 Likes