Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories count and bpm, active 2

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 11:19 AM)
Torbean8
Journeyman
Options

Watch active 2 clearly ignores bpm when estimating calories burnt, which is very wrong!!! Please, correct it! Otherwise, the watch is useless. This was the same problem with active (1) as well.

(Aerobics was tracked as " other workout" on the watch because it soes not have... aerobics 😂🤔🙄🙄🙄)

Screenshot_20190918-180122_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-180116_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ShimT
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue.  The device does not calculate calories burned correctly.  I contacted the company and they acknowledged this is an issue.  I find it absolutely unbelievable that they just released a fitness product that doesn't correctly calculate calories.  it's absolutely mind boggling.  It's a ***** shame because this watch is awesome for everything else.  I have had Samsung phones for years.  I was so excited to try this watch.  One would think that if ACTIVE was in the name, it would work as a fitness device.  Unreal.  

Here is a snip from my chat with the first Samsung rep:

Me: I just got my new Active 2. I love it so far; however, the calorie count for workouts is very wrong. When I researched a little bit, I found that this is apparently an issue your company has had with several of its watches. Is there a fix for this?

10:12 AM
Sorry for the experience. Unfortunately for now the bug isn't still fix. 

the next rep that she passed me to:
Me: So, you're telling me you released a fitness product that cannot correctly calculate Calories?

10:35 AM
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

10:37 AM
But I want to inform you that we have no such reported issues yet. (Which is opposite of what the first rep said)
This was horrible.  I might actually have to switch to apple products which makes me want to puke.  
DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE IF THE FITNESS INFORMATION IS CORRECT.
Torbean8
Journeyman
Options

Well, yeah, I feel the same. Switched to S10 from Huawei, really loving it... But the watch... I had to return the active (1) due to a terribly off heart rate monitor. The 2 is better (not great), but now sports tracking is sooo disappointing... I gave up fitbit after 5 years, and I enjoy the active 2 watch so much more now, do not want to switch to anything else... (no apple for me).... I am waiting for Samsung for now. I believe this can be fixed on the current hardware

Wazou
First Poster
Options
Not only that, but the GPS tracking is also really bad.
I hope they will fix that as soon as possible!
0 Likes
Wazou
First Poster
Options

That doesn't seem correct!

171cm

84.5kg

39 years old

00.jpg01.jpg

0 Likes
Nadiya
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same issue; bought the Samsung Active 2. Done 4 spin classes, all of them where my HR was similar and yet the calories range between 300-500cals. Then, I tried another class, HR was a lot lower, and somehow burnt 800 calories. It's totally inaccurate; I just bought it last week and considering returning it. 

0 Likes
XxLeannexX
Student
Options

I'm not 100-percent but I believe the higher your heart rate the less calories you should burn this is because you are in a high intensity zone building your fitness your fat burning zone is when your heart rate is raised but not flat out you will burn more calories in fat burn zone normally for me around 130-150 beats per minute 

0 Likes
Boham
Explorer
Options

Hey everyone, I see they released an update a while ago saying "– Improved accuracy of calorie measurement based on heart rate sensor"

Is this still a problem?

Zwergii
Student
Options

Hello,

unforunatly not, 

iam using it for a week now and this (and battery life, which i knew before) is the only thing that is really a negative.

But its such a big one that i am thinking about returning the watch for the last few days...

0 Likes
Zwergii
Student
Options
Hi, no i tested it.
Samsung just not calculates with BPM.
They just do it based on time and a fixed number.
so 1hour other workout =400kcal
doesent matter if i sit in my office chair and start it or do HIIT Training....