Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricker Gear Frontier S3

(Topic created on: 18-12-2018 12:51 PM)
Cranberry
First Poster
Options

Desperately seeking help in plain English.  I am in awe of the level of expertise on these forums but I need an *****s guide for the following problem starting from step 1 – pick up the watch.

My beloved Samsung Gear s3 frontier has been reduced to a brick and simply shows the logo.  From what I’ve read Samsung will simply tell me that it’s water damaged and won’t help and my assurances that it’s not will be met by a deaf ear.  Can someone tell me – as if you were addressing a 6 year old – how I fix this and get my watch back to the land of the living.  The serial number is R5AK108VQL3.

Thank you in anticipation.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Cranberry: Has your Gear S3 come into contact with any liquids prior to the issue occurring? Have you tried connecting the watch to your charging cradle and charging it to 100% before you attempt to power it on? If your problem persists then I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect your device, although please be aware that if the issue is deemed to be the result of physical or liquid damage then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables' and enter your post code: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
Cranberry
First Poster
Options

No chance of water damage. Tried the 100% charge and then switch on. Doesn’t seem to be a centre in Scotland... love the watch but very poor support.

Bizzarely this happened within a week of my Frontier going doa to my Apple series 2. Although it was out of warranty and bought in the US, apple owned it! Sent a prepaid UPS package and repaired it for free.

my Frontier is a better watch but Customer Service is on another level entirely.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

I can arrange a courier collection if you like, @Cranberry. Send me a PM if you wish to go ahead with this. 

0 Likes
Cranberry
First Poster
Options

I’ve since found out that there is a centre in Edinburgh and was going to take it in next weekend but if you can get it picked up it would be most appreciated.

let me know what I need to do.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

No problem, @Cranberry. Just send me a PM so I can get this sorted (can't take your details publicly).

0 Likes
Cranberry
First Poster
Options

Hi,

just sent you a second personal message (first one came back with a delayed delivery message.

Hope you got the second one without any issues.

0 Likes
Cranberry
First Poster
Options

CarlH,

You don’t seem to be getting my PMs why is that?.

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Hey @Cranberry

I've spoke with @CarlH, he's told me he's sent you a private message asking for your Serial Number, did you get this?

If you drop me a message with it and your preferred collection date before 3PM, I'll get it sorted. 

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes