Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby on galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 03-12-2019 07:20 PM)
Jay100
Student
Options

Having problems with bixby on galaxy watch 46mm. I can't use voice commands for making calls or text messages. When I say "call" followed by the name it just says syncing contacts. And if I say "text followed by name " it says no contacts found. All my contacts are there and I can text and call manually.  Bixby just doesn't recognise my contacts . I have followed all the instructions given to me by Samsung and it does nit work. Really not happy with Samsung. I have spent loads of money on a new S10 and galaxy watch and they can't give me a fix that works. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Jay100! Where have you got your contacts saved on your phone? Try saving all of them on your phone by heading to: Contacts app > Import/export contacts > Import all your contacts to your phone > Import. Afterwards, turn your watch OFF and ON and try using Bixby again to call or send a message to your contacts. Does it help? 

0 Likes
Jay100
Student
Options

Hi, I have just tried that and it just says "syncing contacts " every time I ask it to call someone 

0 Likes
Dazg2k8
First Poster
Options

Im av the same problem. Tryed everything. Taking mine back. Its rubbish

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right! The watch and the phone are both running on the latest software version? You can also try unpairing the watch from the phone, uninstalling the Samsung wearable app and reinstalling it, followed by pairing your watch again. 

An US user also found the following solution:

"Found the fix. Transfer all your contacts to your Samsung account, all of them. Save them to your sim card, then sync them to your Samsung account. Voila, on your s3 watch. And when you have new contacts, choose Samsung account to save them in. They will go directly to your watch".

0 Likes
Jay100
Student
Options

Hi thank you for the information . I have tried all of the above and it still does not work. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

If Bixby is still not behaving then I would recommend getting in touch with Samsung Technical Support on this via either Facebook, Twitter or Live chat: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

You can also fill in this form and send it to the Bixby team directly: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/faq/searchFaq.do

0 Likes
Jay100
Student
Options

Hi. I have just tried all of your suggestions and it still wont work. If I say send text. It asks me what number I want to send it too. If I read out the number ir will send. If I say the name of the contact it says no contacts are found. If I say call followed by the name it says syncing contacts.  

0 Likes
Dazg2k8
First Poster
Options

Me too tryed everything ive just simply give up with it im taking it back i wanted it for ages i final bort it only last night. Hate it. Nearly mint but not quite feel let down they shouldnt be selling it this poor . Ya it feels and looks great. But so does a iphone but ide never buy one 😁

0 Likes
Jay100
Student
Options

I think I have solved my problem with voice commands for calls and text messages on my galaxy watch. Every time I asked it to call someone, it would say " syncing contacts " and if I asked it to text someone it would say "no contacts found ". I tried everything, then I decided to manually add a contact to the watches phone book. I did this as then asked it to call that person. Boom worked straight away. Then to my surprise it worked for all of my contacts.  The only issue now is that the call starts on the watch the automatically switches over to the phone. Does anyone know a fix for that. I have noticed that if someone calls me and I answered on my watch,.next time I use voice commands to call them back, the call will remain on the watch without switching to the phone. 

0 Likes