Support

Open search

Battery life on GW42mm

First Poster

My battery on gw42mm is ridiculous at the moment and getting worse. This has been going on for the past 4-5wks now if not longer. Settings are pretty much standard and have been since I've had it, it use to last me 2.5days now im lucky if I get 24hrs out of it and today it lasted just over 13hrs!!! I've reset it 4 or 5 times in the last few wks /mths I've cleared creche I've uninstalled the werable app an reinstalled again but its  just getting worse. I have noticed that when an update happens it changes all my setting in the wearable app. All wake ups are off apart from when I press the side button. Hr at every 10mins. Awo off. I've even turned some of my notifications off! Including Bixby and daily updates, I even had to delet the contacts widget the other day as it used upto 65% of  battery power, some days I have to turn on  power save  half way throught the day. Apart from now getting in touch with samsung not sure what else I can do! I only had it 6-7mths and never had this kind of problem before also i dont swim with it so no water damage! It all started with recent updates over the last couple of months on shealth, wearable and watch apps. 

Anyone else had or having this problem and found a solution please let me know. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL Moderator
@Deborahh: Sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your Galaxy Watch. If you open the Wearables app and go to About Watch > Update Watch Software, are there any recent updates available? Have you recently added any new apps to the watch? If so, please can you try removing the app temporarily to see if your notice an improvement? Battery life is expected to reduce over time with regular use, however if you are concerned then I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect the device for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Hi

I'm the same think I'll je calling Samsung only had it since July!

Sarah 

First Poster

I had to to take it in to samsung repair shop and they replace the main board as it had developed a fault due to recent updates over the last few mth

Top Liked Authors