Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backside of my Samsung Frontier is cracked by itself

(Topic created on: 08-11-2018 08:02 PM)
aleksandarotto
First Poster
Options

Last night I just realised that the back side of my Samsung Frontier watch is cracked. I know that it never felt down or similar happen.  Did anyone have such issue?

20180423_110021.jpg

36 REPLIES 36
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @aleksandarotto

I've had my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch for several months and it's fine. 

I can only suggest to contact the people / shop who supplied the watch to you and go through with them what's happened. It's viable the back had a hairline fracture but proving that is another matter entirely. 

As accidental damage isn't typically covered in the manufacturing warranty then if they deem this as so then to have this resolved could involve a fee. 

Other options could be household insurance and in some countries some bank accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. 

Good luck. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

aidicula
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and it happened right in front of me! I had put the device in for charge on the cradle and I heard a pop sound..it was the rear glass! Luckily I have insurance on it...will try to get it repaired.

Toast311
Student
Options

Same thing happened to me. Out of the blue the back of my watch just cracked and its two months out of warranty. I saw there are replacement backs you can buy on EBAY, but by the time you pay for shipping it ends up being nearly 1/3 of the price of a new watch. After seeing multiple people with the same issue online it definitely is starting to seem like a design flaw. I definitely could not reccomend this watch to anyone and will make sure to tell of all of its shortcomings.   

0 Likes
Gbit
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. Happend last night whilst charging overnight. Very frustrating. The samsung stand at the local mall said they'll charge to send it to the technitian for an evaluation. About $60. What a rip off.

I'll contact samsung. This can't  be right. The watch is 6 months old15463916431402035043462269821593.jpg

0 Likes
ingvar
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem too. Back of my wathes is cracked by itself and samsung support said that this is my own problem. It's a shame really.
0 Likes
Skullsnroses13
First Poster
Options

I just picked mine up and noticed the same and I'm wondering how it happened because I don't abuse it and it is supposed to be used for outdoor activities as well and so should be durable. I have found online there are replacement parts I can purchase and do the repair myself. I fix phones computers etc... But for the average Joe the repair is supposed to be fairly simple anyways.

0 Likes
Skullsnroses13
First Poster
Options

2019-03-10 14.31.20.jpg

I forgot to include

0 Likes
MarioSp
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Notnot
First Poster
Options

Is your heart rate sensor still function?  My light sensor is not functioning anymore 

0 Likes